Grouse Mountain has released its plans for a phased reopening after closing during the COVID-19 pandemic. They will be welcoming Annual Passholders and download-only guests back to Grouse Mountain starting Monday, June 22, 2020.
Grouse Mountain Reopening
In this first phase of reopening, guests will experience the new operating procedures outlined in Grouse’s PureClean Commitment, including:
- Starting with Skyride capacity reduced by 70% to allow for physical distancing
- Mandatory use of face masks while boarding, travelling on and disembarking from the Skyride (you are encouraged to bring your own mask, however they will have masks available if needed)
- Required temperature screening prior to boarding for both uphill and downhill travel
- Additional hand sanitizing stations available throughout the Resort
- Enhanced Skyride cleaning, sanitization and disinfection protocols
- Mandatory advanced bookings for the Skyride
Grouse Grind, Download Only
The Grouse Grind remains closed while the Skyride is not in operation since hiking down Grind is NOT permitted.
In order to manage capacity on the Skyride and reduce wait times, they have implemented a timed booking system for both passholders and ticket purchasers. All travel on the Skyride must be pre-booked in advance using the online booking system. This includes download-only (for those doing the Grouse Grind).
With the purchase of a Mountain Admission ticket, you will be required to select an upload and download time as part of the checkout process. Download ticket purchase will require you to select a download time as part of the checkout process. Passholders need to login using their pass number and book either their roundtrip Skyride times or just a download time.
Annual Passholders and download-only guests will be able to start booking their upload and download (or download-only) admissions for the reopening date of Monday, June 22, 2020 and beyond. The next phase, including general admission for the public, will be announced at a later date. Stay tuned on Grouse’s Facebook page for updates.
UPDATE! All guests are welcome back starting Monday, June 29, 2020
Related: Sea to Sky Gondola Reopening in Phases