Sponsored by Vancouver TheatreSports
Vancouver TheatreSports™ (“VTS”) is honoured to host the 2019 International Theatresports Institute Festival, October 15 to October 20, 2019 on Granville Island. The lineup includes a bus trip with masked Mexican luchador El Jaguar, a ‘live gorilla’, Life Game, OK Tinder, The Toys Strike Back family-friendly show, and much more!
International Theatresports Institute Festival
When: Tuesday, October 15 to Sunday, October 20, 2019
Where: Granville Island (The Improv Centre, The Waterfront Theatre, The Nest)
Tickets: Single Tickets, Group Tickets, and Festival Passes are on sale now. Prices range from $7 to $35 for Single Tickets and $49 to $220 for various Festival Passes. For groups of 10 or more people, a 10% discount will be offered.
- The Bechdel Test (created Lisa Rowland)
- El Jaguar Fiesta Tour of Vancouver (Derek Flores, New Zealand)
- The Ferocious Four (created/directed by Laura Doorneweerd, Netherlands)
October 17 & 19
- Frisky Friday – Adults Only Comedy
- Gorilla Theatre (created by Keith Johnstone, Calgary)
October 16, 18-19
- Le Roundabout (directed by Dan O’Connor, USA)
- Life Game (created by Keith Johnstone, directed by VTS alum Veena Sood)
- Lugares (directed by Felipe Ortiz, Colombia and Patti Stiles, Australia) October 16 & 18
- Maestro Impro (created by Keith Johnstone, directed by Steve Jarand (Canada/Germany)
October 16, 18-19
- Masks Unleashed (directed by Steve Jarand, Canada/Germany)
- Ok Tinder – International Edition
- Our Play (Patti Stiles, Australia and Joe Bill, USA)
- Play UnScripted (directed by Dan O’Connor, USA)
- The Time is Now (directed by Inbal Lori, Israel)
- The Toys Strike Back (Det Andre Teatret, Norway)
The International Theatresports Institute (“ITI”) is the largest improv network in the world, representing 90 improv companies, schools and universities from 22 countries on six continents. Every two years, ITI convenes a conference and festival that brings together improvisers from around the globe. Previous locations have included Dubai, Milan, Würzburg, and San Francisco. This year’s Festival features more than 50 public performances from improvisers from Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, UK, and U.S.A.
Get ready to laugh, and get your tickets today! For more information, follow Vancouver TheatreSports on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.