The Vancouver International Flamenco Festival announces its spellbinding lineup of local and international flamenco artists, September 13-29, 2019, with free workshops and ticketed performances at various Vancouver venues.
Vancouver International Flamenco Festival
When: September 13-29, 2019
Where: Vancouver venues including Vancouver Playhouse, Scotiabank Dance Centre, Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre, Waterfront Theatre, St James Community Square, Vancouver Public Library
Tickets: Buy online now for ticketed events »
The 2019 Festival proudly presents the Canadian debut of Spain’s Manuel Liñán Company in Baile De Autor (September 14th at the Vancouver Playhouse). Manuel Liñánis one of the main current references in the renewal of both Spanish and flamenco dance.
Baile De Autor unites Manuel Liñán as choreographer and performer. After choreographing for other renowned companies such as the Ballet Nacional de España, Nuevo Ballet Español, Rafaela Carrasco, Belen Maya; and having made his mark as a solo dancer, Manuel Liñan sets forth these two facets, which have defined his career. Manuel presents a space in which the director, the author, creates different scenes during the work, breathing life to each element: light, sound, song, guitar, music, dance; a fantasy which creates connecting ties for the artist as choreographer and dancer.
The Festival also features some of the finest Canadian and International Flamenco artists with performances at the intimate Waterfront Theatre on Granville Island:
- World Premiere “MAGNETIKAE – a personal journey” by La Otra Orilla (Montreal), Waterfront Theatre Thursday, September 26th at 8:00pm
- World Premiere “Nuevo II” by Flamenco Rosario & Guests (Vancouver/Spain/Mexico), Waterfront Theatre Saturday, September 28th at 8:00pm
- “La Musica del Flamenco” with Victor Kolstee and featuring Manuel Liñán Company Artists (Vancouver/Spain), The Hall at St James Community Square, Friday, September 13th at 8:00pm
…And more! Free events include dance classes for adults, children, or seniors; pop-up performances; “Understanding Flamenco”- a lecture demonstration by Flamenco Rosario; and Creative Artistic Residency: Open rehearsal & studio showing.
I have a pair of tickets to give away to Baile De Autor by Manuel Liñán Company at the Vancouver Playhouse on Saturday, September 14th. Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
UPDATE: The winner is