The 2019 Vancouver International Film Festival (“VIFF”) is fast approaching and to make this fine festival function, volunteers are needed. If you love movies, the arts and being a part of an amazing community, then VIFF has a spot for you!
Volunteer at VIFF 2019
When: September 26 to October 11, 2019
Where: Various Vancouver venues, centralized at Vancity Theatre (1181 Seymour St)
For 16 days, hundreds of films from around the world will play throughout the city, showcasing unique genres and content. Dozens of directors, writers and actors will be on hand for insightful—and occasionally provocative—post-screening Q&A sessions. The VIFF team of over 1,000 volunteers, in collaboration with staff, and directors create an internationally renowned and appreciative space for filmmakers and audience members to share their love of film and the film industry.
VIFF is looking for volunteers to help fill their diverse Teams and Lead volunteer positions this year.
Volunteer Teams Accepting Applications:
Team Lead roles
The majority of Teams require each volunteer to commit to a minimum of 4 shifts. The majority of shifts are between 3-5 hours. For details on required skills and availability necessary for each team, check out Team Descriptions »
- Ticket Vouchers
- 1 Volunteer Ticket Voucher for every shift you volunteer. Vouchers can be used in advance for any available festival screening. Vouchers are transferrable – so bring a friend!
- Volunteer Pass
- A Volunteer Pass which can be used by you in the Volunteer Stand-by Line
- Youth Volunteer Pass
- For volunteers who are 16 and 17, this pass allows you access to any classified films. Please note that under BC classification law, you must be 18 or older to view unclassified films.
- Volunteer Party
- An invitation to the VIFF Volunteer Appreciation Events
- A stylish Festival Volunteer T-shirt
- After the festival, a letter of participation in our Volunteer Programme can be emailed upon request
- …And More
- Special offers, screenings and promotions exclusive to volunteers
You must be 16 years or older to apply to volunteer. Certain teams have higher age requirements. Before filling out your application, review VIFF 2019 Volunteer Teams.
Miss604 is a proud film partner of VIFF 2019.