Latin American Week in Vancouver (June 27 to July 4, 2019) is a celebration of the diversity and dynamism of Latin American culture, with an incredible array of music, dance, visual art, sports, and culinary delights. Signature events this year include:
Latin American Week in Vancouver
- Similitud Art Exhibit, Woodward’s Building, June 27 to July 12
- Fiesta Blanca Cruise, MV Britannia June 29, 2019
- Canada Day Parade, Granville Island, July 1, 2019
- Latin Film Night, Vancity Theatre, July 2, 2019
- Travelling Back to Afro-Latin American Roots, Robson Square, July 3, 2019
- Flamenco, Tango & Wine, Vancouver Playhouse, July 4, 2019
The whole week culminates with Carnaval del Sol, the Pacific Northwest’s largest Latin-themed festival, which returns for its 11th year to Concord Pacific Place Saturday, July 6 and Sunday, 7, 2019.
Concord Pacific Place will be transformed to resemble a vibrant urban plaza in Latin America, full of sound, colour, tempting aromas, and thousands of smiling faces.
The 2019 edition of this family-friendly event boasts more than 450 artists, who have come from around the world to entertain the masses at the Carnaval’s main stage and plazas – all of which incorporate the festival’s theme this year: “Sharing our Indigenous and Afro-Latin American roots. Let’s shine together.”
Win VIP Flamenco, Tango & Wine Tickets
Where: Vancouver Playhouse (600 Hamilton St, Vancouver)
When: Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 6:30pm
Tickets: $25 online, $35 VIP which includes wine tasting
I’m giving away two VIP tickets to the Flamenco, Tango & Wine event, which includes a preferred seating and tasting of Argentinian wines selected by an on-site sommelier. Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Thursday, June 27, 2019. Must be 19+, please enjoy responsibly.
Follow the event on Facebook and Instagram and share your experience using the hashtags #CSOL and #Shinealltogether.
UPDATE The winner is Lisa!