The Steveston Heritage Tour: Win Ticketsby
The Steveston Heritage Tour is a unique experience tying together the four historical sites in a progressive story led by a professional interpreter, paired with local cuisines, tastings and craft brews at each stop.
The Steveston Heritage Tour
- When: June 15, July 13, August 17, September 14, October 5
- From 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Tickets: Available online ($65 per person + tax) for these select Saturdays this summer
The Steveston Historical Tour attractions include:
- The Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site – Visitors step back in time as they tour the community of boatyards, canneries, residences and stores rom a time when fishing and boatbuilding were flourishing industries on the Fraser River.
- Steveston Interurban Tram – Learn about Tram Car 1220, one of only seven British Columbia Electric Rail operated trams left. Tram Car 1220 tells the story of Richmond’s transportation heritage and how one rail line helped develop the City of Richmond we know today.
- Steveston Museum – Housed inside Steveston’s first bank and adjacent to the Japanese Fisherman’s Benevolent Society Building, visitors will learn more about the Nikkei history in Steveston.
- Gulf of Georgia National Historic Site – The tour ends at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery, where visitors will enjoy a guided tour of the historic cannery and learn how the once-thriving fishing industry lured people from vast cultural backgrounds to Canada’s west coast in the late 1800s.
Each attraction will be paired with a culinary tasting. Tastings are subject to change and are designed to fit the theme of each attraction. For instance, visitors will be invited to taste locally crafted artisan sake at Steveston Museum.
The Steveston Heritage Tour is Tourism Richmond‘s first recipient of its Pacific. Authentic. Scholarship . Produced in partnership by the Gulf of Georgia Cannery, Britannia Shipyards, the Steveston Interurban Tram, the Steveston Museum and the Steveston Historical Society, this partnered tourism experience will be the first to receive $20,000 from the Pacific. Authentic. Scholarship from Tourism Richmond for experience development, marketing and more.
I have a pair of tickets to give away for The Steveston Heritage Tour on June 15th, here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
Follow Tourism Richmond on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more information. I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Tuesday, June 4, 2019.
UPDATE: The winner is Cindy!
71 Comments — Comments Are Closed
Historic,step back in time and culinary tasting!!!
This sounds like a great tour
What an amazing summer date!
Sounds like a great tour! I would be love to try all the food 🙂
Great way to spend a Saturday!
Would love to learn more about Richmond’s history (and food) while getting some much needed exercise!
This sounds so awesome! I’d love to learn more about the history of Steveston
Am visiting for Women Deliver Conference and would love a chance to experience the local history after being immersed in global matters.
This would be an awesome experience to win
Looks like fun.
This would be a fantastic tour to go on!!! ?
I would love to go on this exciting tour!
I love tours
Sounds like my sip of tea
Yay! Love tours.
History is ?
This would be fantastic!
I would love to win this fantastic prize! This is an amazing tour!
So exciting! I am in Richmond all the time but have never had the chance to go to this tour!
This tour sounds fun!! Would love to win it and go with my kids!!
Sounds great! 🙂
What a great contest ! I would love to win !
Thanks for the chance!
Winning a pair of tickets would make an awesome birthday present.
This sounds like so much fun!
My husband loves this lil corner of Richmond and would really enjoy this gift for fathers day.
This would be so fun to do!!
Would like to bring the boys to have fun and learn
Sounds like the perfect weekend activity!
I would love to explore Steveston. Hope I win!
Great way to explore and learn about Steveston!
This would be AMAZING! I’d love to take my Dad who just turned 91, he used to work at the Golf of Georgia Cannery!! This sure would be a special day for us both! Thank you for this awesome contest and chance to explore Steveston together! ??
Since we aren’t able to getaway – What a great way to kick off a “staycation”!?????
sounds like a great way to spend the day
Would love to explore the history of Steveston!
What a great summer event.
I hope they talk about the memorial to the dog, “big red”. I always wondered what that was all about!
I love Steveston. It would be fantastic to try this tour.
Sounds like a fun way to learn more about our own city!
this would be so fun with my mom! thanks for the great contest!
That would be a great visit. We love Steveston and its history!
I’d be down for that food (and history of course!)
Please enter us!
looks interesting and educational
Oh! Yes, please, I’d love to go.
I love a good historical tour!
His sounds like an interesting event.
Wonderful! Please let it be me.
Always a delight to visit Steveston
Sounds like fun!
Would love to win this interesting tour
I am a history geek and I really love Steveston, where I used to live.
Would be great to learn more about the areas around where we all live, so having more tours like this in general would be nice.
Sounds like fun!
What a great idea!
Steveson is such a cool place! Would be great to learn the history.
would love to win this as a birthday gift for sister in law.
This will be awesome.
Sounds like a lot of fun.
I am down, mark me down.
Exploring Steveston history and culinary tasting – what a fantastic combo!
I love Steveston!
The chance to learn the history and enjoy the fruits of our own backyard! Fabulous prize!