The Steveston Heritage Tour is a unique experience tying together the four historical sites in a progressive story led by a professional interpreter, paired with local cuisines, tastings and craft brews at each stop.
The Steveston Heritage Tour
- When: June 15, July 13, August 17, September 14, October 5
- From 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Tickets: Available online ($65 per person + tax) for these select Saturdays this summer
The Steveston Historical Tour attractions include:
- The Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site – Visitors step back in time as they tour the community of boatyards, canneries, residences and stores rom a time when fishing and boatbuilding were flourishing industries on the Fraser River.
- Steveston Interurban Tram – Learn about Tram Car 1220, one of only seven British Columbia Electric Rail operated trams left. Tram Car 1220 tells the story of Richmond’s transportation heritage and how one rail line helped develop the City of Richmond we know today.
- Steveston Museum – Housed inside Steveston’s first bank and adjacent to the Japanese Fisherman’s Benevolent Society Building, visitors will learn more about the Nikkei history in Steveston.
- Gulf of Georgia National Historic Site – The tour ends at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery, where visitors will enjoy a guided tour of the historic cannery and learn how the once-thriving fishing industry lured people from vast cultural backgrounds to Canada’s west coast in the late 1800s.
Each attraction will be paired with a culinary tasting. Tastings are subject to change and are designed to fit the theme of each attraction. For instance, visitors will be invited to taste locally crafted artisan sake at Steveston Museum.
The Steveston Heritage Tour is Tourism Richmond‘s first recipient of its Pacific. Authentic. Scholarship . Produced in partnership by the Gulf of Georgia Cannery, Britannia Shipyards, the Steveston Interurban Tram, the Steveston Museum and the Steveston Historical Society, this partnered tourism experience will be the first to receive $20,000 from the Pacific. Authentic. Scholarship from Tourism Richmond for experience development, marketing and more.
I have a pair of tickets to give away for The Steveston Heritage Tour on June 15th, here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
UPDATE: The winner is Cindy!