The 2019 Vancouver Sun Run presented by Ford of Canada takes place Sunday, April 14th at 9:00am in downtown Vancouver. Online registration closes tomorrow (April 10th) for Canada’s largest 10K road race, however you can register in person only, at the Vancouver Sun Run Fair at BC Place before the end of day on April 13th.
If you’re planning on running, spectating, or getting around Vancouver that day, here are some things you should know:
Vancouver Sun Run Road Closures
DOWNTOWN AREA to GEORGIA ST
- Seymour to Bute (start area): 5:00am to 11:30am
- Bute to the Causeway (including all streets crossing Georgia): 8:00am to 11:00am
- Lions Gate Bridge access from Pender St only: 8:00am to 11:00am
- Howe to Burrard from Dunsmuir to Robson 5:00am to 11:00am
- Denman St to Georgia to Robson 8:00am to 11:00am
- Robson St to west of Denman St to Stanley Park 8:00am to 11:00am
- Beach Ave, Stanley Park to Hornby St 8:30am to 11:30am
- Stanley Park Dr. at North Lagoon Dr 6:00am to 11:00am
- Ryan Rd at Park Lane/South Lagoon Dr 6:00am to 11:00am
- Burrard St to Hornby (eastbound lanes) 6:00am to 12:00pm
- Burrard Bridge to closed to all traffic 8:00am to 12:00pm
- Cambie Bridge to closed to all northbound traffic 7:30am to 1:00pm
- West 2nd Avenue – Burrard St to Fir St 8:30am to 12:00pm
- Fir Street to West 2nd Ave to West 4th Ave 8:30am to 12:00pm
- W 4th Avenue/W 6th Avenue to Pine St to Cambie St. 8:30am to 12:00pm
CAMBIE ST AT W. BROADWAY
- closed to all northbound traffic 7:30am to 12:00pm
- East bound exit ramp from Cambie Bridge 5:00am to 1:30pm
- Nelson St to Abbott St 5:00am to 1:30pm
- Abbott St to Quebec St 7:00am to 9:00am
QUEBEC AND CARRALL ST.
- near Expo Blvd and Pacific Blvd 7:30am to 9:00am
- from Quebec St to Terry Fox Way 7:30am to 9:00am
- (Expo to Pacific) 7:30am to 9:00am
Route and Course Map
The Vancouver Sun Run is Canada’s largest 10K road race and the 3rd largest timed 10K in North America. The Vancouver Sun Run is open to international elite competitors, recreational runners, joggers and walkers, wheelchair competitors, teams, schools and children.
Follow the Vancouver Sun Run on Twitter and Facebook for more up-to-date information and instructions.