Our first stop in Seattle is always the MoPOP, even if we’re in town for a concert or baseball game. There’s never too many times you can view Kurt Cobain’s handwritten lyrics and Polaroid snapshots, along with the museums’s other fascinating musical, sci-fi or fantasy exhibits. During the month of February 2019 aka Seattle Museum Month, guests staying at any one of 64 participating downtown Seattle hotels will receive 50% off admission to 40 participating museums.
Seattle Museum Month
There’s a lot to explore, and this is the best time to do so since a family of 4 could see up to a $200 savings throughout a two-day stay during Seattle Museums Month.
Here are some of the participating hotels and museums:
* = Free Admission
1. Bainbridge Island Museum of Art*|
2. Bellevue Arts Museum
3. Center for Wooden Boats*
4. Chihuly Garden and Glass
5. Daybreak Star Indian Cultural Center*
6. Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum
7. Fort Nisqually Living History Museum
8. Frye Art Museum*
9. Henry Art Gallery
10. Job Carr Cabin Museum*
11. Kids Discovery Museum
12. Kitsap History Museum*
13. Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park*
14. LeMay – America’s Car Museum
15. Living Computers: Museum + Labs
16. Museum of Glass
17. Museum of History & Industry (MOHAI)
18. Museum of Pop Culture
19. Nordic Museum
20. Northwest African American Museum
21. Northwest Railway Museum*|
22. Olympic Sculpture Park*
23. Pacific Bonsai Museum*
24. Pacific Science Center
25. Puget Sound Navy Museum*
26. Seattle Aquarium
27. Seattle Art Museum
28. Seattle Children’s Museum
29. Seattle Pinball Museum
30. Shoreline Historical Museum*
31. Suquamish Tribal Museum
32. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Discovery Center*
33. The Museum of Flight
34. The Valentinetti Puppet Museum*
35. US Naval Undersea Museum*
36. USS Turner Joy Museum Ship
37. UW Botanic Gardens Arboretum*
38. W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory*
39. Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience
40. Woodland Park Zoo
Enjoy renowned favourites like the Seattle Art Museum, Museum of History & Industry (MOHAI), Museum of Flight, Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience and Chihuly Garden and Glass. Discover new one-of-a-kind museums guaranteed to pique your curiosity like the new Nordic Museum in Ballard, the Seattle Children’s Museum, USS Turner Joy Museum Ship, Suquamish Tribal Museum, Northwest African American Museum, Seattle Pinball Museum and the Living Computers: Museum + Labs.
Adding to your savings, Lyft is offering 20% off three rides to help you get to participating Seattle Museum Month locations including regional favorites like the eye-popping collection at LeMay: America’s Car Museum in Tacoma, the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum in Everett or the Bellevue Arts Museum.
These discounts are only valid for guests staying at one of the participating hotels, up to four people, during hotel stay dates. Visitors must present an official Seattle Museum Month guest pass at participating museums to redeem the discounts.
Follow Visit Seattle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more info and browse my Seattle archives for more getaway ideas.