The whole community is once again invited to kick-off the holiday season at CBC Vancouver’s annual Open House & Food Bank Day. Guests can enjoy a variety of activities including newsroom tours, live radio broadcasts featuring musical guests and meet-and-greets with local and national CBC hosts and reporters, including the new CBC Vancouver News team.
CBC Vancouver Open House & Food Bank Day
Where: CBC Vancouver (700 Hamilton St, Vancouver)
When: Friday, December 7, 2018 6:00am to 6:00pm
Guests have the chance to meet CBC Radio One hosts Stephen Quinn, Gloria Macarenko, Michelle Eliot and Sheryl MacKay, as well as the new CBC Vancouver News team – Mike Killeen, Anita Bathe, Johanna Wagstaffe, Dan Burritt, and Lien Yeung. Ian Hanomansing and Andrew Chang of The National and Erica Johnson of Go Public will also be in attendance.
While food bank volunteers will be accepting cash donations in person and over the phone on December 7th, you can also give online right now.
Open House & Food Bank Day Schedule
- Live Radio One broadcasts 6:00am to 6:00pm
The Early Edition with Stephen Quinn featuring musical guests Katherine Penfold and Jill Barber from 6:00am to 8:30am.
- BC Today with Michelle Eliot & North by Northwest with Sheryl MacKay featuring musical guests Company B Jazz Band, Vancouver Bach Children’s Chorus, and Margaret Gallagher from 112:00pm to 3:00pm.
- On The Coast with Gloria Macarenko featuring musical guests Chor Leoni and Gavin Youngash Trio featuring Dawn Pemberton and NaRai from 3:00pm to 6:00pm.
- Newsroom tours from 8:00am to 3:00pm
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the CBC Vancouver newsroom, television and radio studios. Meet your favourite CBC journalists, including the new CBC Vancouver News team: Mike Killeen, Anita Bathe, Johanna Wagstaffe, Dan Burritt, and Lien Yeung as well as Andrew Chang and Ian Hanomansing of The National and Erica Johnson of Go Public.
- CBC kids in the Atrium 9:00am to 4:00pm
Grab a hug or a high-five from Daniel Tiger and Chirp from CBC Kids.
Last year, British Columbians donated a record-breaking $802,049. To-date, the Open House & Food Bank Day has raised more than $8 million for the Food Banks of BC. Follow along on Twitter at @CBCVancouver or @cbcnewsbc, or on Facebook for the latest #CBCOpenHouse updates.