The Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited, is entering its 28th year with a cornucopia of festival favourites and some exciting new additions. Enjoy a variety of free events and activities including live concerts, art exhibitions, outdoor installations and culinary events along the Ambleside waterfront this August.
Harmony Arts Festival
When: August 3–12, 2018
Where: Ambleside, various venues, West Vancouver
New This Year
- A new Indigenous Exhibition, sponsored by BMO Bank of Montreal, will include an authentic marketplace and group exhibition, starting with a traditional welcome on Friday, August 3, 2018.
- The inaugural Indigenous Feast featuring Salmon n’ Bannock will take place on Tuesday, August 7, 2018 on Ambleside Landing.
- We are proud to offer a stunning feature artwork designed by a Coast Salish artist, Sinámkin Jody Broomfield, which pays homage to the spirit of the eagles who live near Ambleside and John Lawson Park.
- Salt & Earth Catering Co. brings savoury treats to the Salt & Earth Oyster Bar in the RE/MAX Waterfront Lounge for all 10 days of the festival.
An eclectic mix of local and international artistic talent in a variety of media
- The Fresh St. Market Art Market features a wide range of juried products including ceramics, glass, jewelry, leather, painting, photography, textiles and wood. The market runs both weekends (August 3–6 and August 10–12) on Argyle Avenue.
- ArtSpeaks, sponsored by British Pacific Properties, features a range of workshops, demonstrations and artist talks at the Ferry Building Gallery.
- The Group Exhibition, sponsored by the Always Best Care Senior Services, is an outdoor exhibition, open daily.
- Located at Ambleside and Dundarave storefronts, Art Beat, sponsored by Cressey Development Group, showcases local artists in more than 40 local businesses.
- For the Love of Art, sponsored by Kin’s Farm Market showcases youth art in an outdoor exhibition, open daily.
- Artsy Kids, sponsored by the North Shore News, offers a fun and messy creative outlet for kids. Drop in for crafting, painting and other fun workshops.
Music and Performing Arts
Enjoy over 50 free concerts
- PARC Retirement Living Garden Concerts at the PARC Retirement Living Garden Stage in Millennium Park offers three different performances daily with daytime concerts, dinner concerts at 5:30pm and late-night concerts at 8:45pm.
- Onni Group Sunset Concerts also offers nightly performances at 7:30pm on the Main Stage.
- Enjoy the classics from 2:00pm-4:00pm on August 5, 6 and 12, during the Seniors’ Series sponsored by Hollyburn House.
- Jazz by the waterfront returns with Live Music at the Silk Purse.
A feast for the senses with pop-up restaurants and more
- Sample delicious family-style Italian fare from La Sorella Di Mangia in the RE/MAX Waterfront Lounge in Millennium Park.
- The Park Royal Beachside Patio in Millennium Park features down-to-earth cuisine from a pop-up restaurant created by Feast Dining.
- Artisan Eats, sponsored by Just Like Family Home Care, turns John Lawson Park into a mecca of mobile food trucks.
- The always-popular Best of the West, sponsored by Grosvenor Americas, is a ticketed food and wine pairing event. Twelve local restaurants and wineries compete for culinary mastery on Ambleside Pier.
- Catch innovative cocktail stylings from bartenders at the ticketed Night on the Pier.
- Cinema in the Park: enjoy a film in the park. For movie lovers and cinephiles, Cinema in the Park, sponsored by West Vancouver Optometry, offers free nightly movies every evening at 9:00pm on the Main Stage.
Readings in the Park, sponsored by Bridgewater Tile Ltd., features Canadian poet, Joy Kogawa. This is a perfect event for literary lovers and written word aficionados.
WIN TICKETS: Night on the Pier
The Harmony Arts Festival, sponsored by Odlum Brown Limited, celebrates the rebirth of cocktail culture at the 3rd annual Night on the Pier. It’s a vibrant and exhilarating evening on Ambleside Pier that features some of the best bartenders from around the Lower Mainland. Each mixologist competes to create innovative, daring and bold drinks for you to enjoy. Paired with delicious catered food and a stunning waterfront view, Night on the Pier is the place to be.
Here’s how you can enter to win a pair of tickets to Night on the Pier:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 10:00am on Saturday, August 4, 2018. Must be 19+. Please enjoy responsibly. Follow the Harmony Arts Festival on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for more info.
Update The winner is Jennifer R!