Executive Hotel Le Soleil’s signature restaurant, Copper Chimney Indian Grill & Bar, located in downtown Vancouver’s financial district, is kicking off the summer season with fresh menus, a new Bread Bar concept, one of the city’s most extensive gin & tonic cocktail selections and an accompanying Indian Happy Hour.
These exciting changes come hot on the heels of the restaurant’s 2018 Vancouver Readers’ Choice Award in the “Downtown Indian Food” category hosted by the Vancouver Courier.
Copper Chimney Indian Grill & Bar
Where: 567 Hornby St, Vancouver
When: Happy Hour is Monday-Friday 3:00pm to 6:00pm
Reservations: Call 604-689-8862
The Copper Chimney’s new menus continue to reflect an ongoing commitment to authentically prepared contemporary Indian comfort foods made in-house from scratch using family recipes, hand-ground exotic spices, fresh BC ingredients and the use of two tandoor (clay) ovens. The extensive, yet simple, menus pair classic Indian dishes with more western- influenced menu items with a few fun twists. There are also gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian options.
Lunch is a favourite with the rushed downtown business crowd and this is where the two Tandoor ovens really shine as simple grilled meats, fish and breads cook swiftly. The Daily Tiffin (an ancient Indian design) is a popular takeout option that offers curries packed in an environmentally reusable metal container that guests can return to have filled with different daily offerings accompanied by naan bread, salad and rice for only $9.
The Bread Bar, offered at lunch and dinner, is a selection of fresh authentically-made flavoured naan breads and kulchas (stuffed breads or “Indian pizza”) cooked to perfection in the tandoor ovens. At dinner, the tandoor ovens impart a unique flavour to grilled meat, fish and chicken, while braised dishes such as the Bombay Braised Beef Short Ribs or Duck Korma are cooked slowly in their own juices.
Indian Happy Hour at Copper Chimney is destined to be as fun and tasty as it is unique to Vancouver with menu items featuring an Indian-twist on classic dishes. From handmade samosas, Indian pizza, lamb meatballs or Bombay short rib sliders to squash fritters with tamarind dipping sauce and poutine creatively topped with butter chicken.
Copper Chimney’s new gin bar just might offer one of the city’s most extensive selections of gin & tonics and gin-based cocktails. To kick off the season, the bar will initially introduce 18 local and international gins, a selection of six flavoured tonics (using complementary Indian spices) along with condiments and natural flavours.
Win an Indian Happy Hour Party
I have the chance to give away a delicious prize to a lucky Miss604 reader and 5 friends! The prize includes:
- 1 welcome gin & tonic cocktail per person from the new gin bar featuring 18 local and international gins and a great selection of artisanal tonic waters.
- Copper Chimney poutine, topped with butter chicken
- Garlic naan and vegetable kulcha fresh from the tandoor ovens with a selection of three toppings
- Lamb meatball sliders, with avocado mint salsa
- Squash fritters, blue cheese raita, tamarind dipping
- Handmade samosas, tandoori vegetables, tandoori beef or chicken, mango chutney, tomato kalonji
- Bombay short rib sliders, pickled onion and smoked cheese
- Spiced chips and dip, jalapeno and cumin raita dip
- Manchurian cauliflower
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Follow Copper Chimney & Miss604 on Instagram (1 entry)
- Follow Copper Chimney & Miss604 on Facebook (1 entry)
- Click below to get another entry by posting on Twitter:
[clickToTweet tweet=”RT to enter to win an Indian Happy Hour Party at @copperchimney_1 for you and 5 friends! #indianhappyhour #copperchimneyhappyhour #perfectpairings http://ow.ly/3N2v30kzJDV” quote=” Click to enter via Twitter” theme=”style6″]
Prize value $150 (includes taxes but not gratuity). Must be 19+. Please enjoy responsibly. I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Tuesday, June 26, 2018.
Update The winner is Tammy!