The most anticipated craft beer and cider festival in Western Canada returns to the PNE Fairgrounds June 2 & 3, 2018, for a full weekend of live music, food, art, craft beer and cider, games and good times. The 9th annual Vancouver Craft Beer Week Festival (“VCBW”) caps off a 10-day citywide celebration of craft beer culture and community, running May 25 to June 3.
Vancouver Craft Beer Week Festival
Where: PNE Fairgrounds, Vancouver
When: Saturday, June 2nd 2:00pm to 7:00pm & Sunday, June 3rd 12:00pm to 5:00pm
Tickets: Single day, weekend passes and VIP tickets available now starting at $39
Festival highlights include:
- 100 + breweries and cideries pouring more than 300 beers and ciders
- Festivalgoers can create a list of must-try breweries and favourite standout beers in advance through the VCBW website
- More food trucks
- BC Ale Trail-er pouring 8 or more craft breweries from the furthest reaches of BC’s Ale Trail
- Craft Beer Market lounge and games area
- BC Farm Crafted Cider Association’s cider row featuring 10 cideries pouring 16 different ciders
- United States Brewers Association has chosen the VCBW as their exclusive Canadian festival partner three years in a row. They are crossing the border to pour 30+ beers, many of which have never been poured in Canada
- Live interactive painting with Vancouver Mural Festival
- Floral leis and crown-making from the Leis de Buds solar powered flower bus
- Dedicated Evo valet parking
- Live music lineup includes DJ Hebegebe, Dakota Pearl, the Prettys, Youngblood, Mark Woodyard & Friends, the Great Speckled Fritillary, the Spillionaires, Tanglers and GI Blunt
Citywide VCBW Events
VCBW 2018 Kickoff: East Van Crusher
Where: Maritime Labour Centre (1880 Triumph St, Vancouver)
When: Friday, May 25, 2018 from 7:00pm to 11:00pm
Tickets: $25 (includes entry and two beers) available online now »
Kicking off VCBW at the Maritime Labour Centre is the East Van Crusher. This unorthodox opening night celebration features an incredible array of canned beer including the official VCBW 2018 Collaboration Beer, the infamous Grant Lawrence opening the 10-day celebration with the cracking of the first can, live music from Alex Maher and Hebegebe, and the glory of one of VCBW’s most revered events: Feats of Strength hosted by Copper & Theory. Watch in amazement as brewers, cellarmen and women, barkeeps and hopefuls compete in ridiculous events designed to measure one’s strength, but mostly to entertain.
In addition to a few favourite annual events, Vancouver Craft Beer Week has brewed up a fresh batch of festivities and happenings from May 25 to June 3, 2018.
- Forbidden Fruit presented by The Devil’s Elbow featuring fruity and sour beers from 22 BC craft breweries
- The Growler’s [email protected] Tap Takeover at 12 Kings Pub celebrating the new issue of The Growler and the release of the latest beer in its BC Brewer Collaboration Series plus 12 specially selected beers
- The Guitar Cabaret with host Paul Pigat and special guest, Steve Pineo presented by The Anza Club along with Driftwood Brewery
- East Van Comes to the West End Tap Takeover at Timber
- New Kids on The Rock Tap Takeover at St. Augustine’s
- Vancouver Brewery Tour’s Gastown Pub Walk
- Craft Beer Market’s Brewmaster Dinner featuring the breweries of Port Moody’s Brewers Row
- Plus many more events and promotions happening in and around the city
A complete list of VCBW citywide events is available online here. Check back often as this list is continuously updated. Follow VCBW on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as well as the tags #VCBW2018 #VCBW.