Salt Spring Island’s famed Saturday Market is coming to Vancouver to feature local makers, creators, designers and artisans for the Made on Salt Spring event! From “Canada’s Coolest Island” (per the Washington Post, and also #1 in my heart) comes a 3-day event filled with products from dozens of makers, creators and designers.
“We’re very excited to bring Made on Salt Spring to the city to showcase the best of the Island to a mainland audience,” says Made on Salt Spring organizer and artisan Álvaro Sánchez. “We live in a close-knit, supportive community and this is an opportunity for Vancouverites to enjoy the charm of Salt Spring’s rural ambience at a relaxed indoor market where there’s something for everyone to enjoy.”
Made on Salt Spring
When: Friday, March 23: 4:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday, March 24: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday, March 25: 11:00am to 5:00pm
Where: Heritage Hall (3102 Main St, Vancouver)
Tickets: Admission is $5 for adults, and free for kids under 12 years. The first 25 people through the door each day will take home goodie bags filled with samples and coupons from island vendors, with 10 additional bags up for grabs throughout the day.
Featured Creations and Vendors
- Wheel-thrown, hand-painted functional stoneware from B’s Pottery
- Wood art and prints made on ¼” maple ply from Big Bear and the Wolf
- Original oil paintings, limited edition prints and cards by Stefanie Denz
- Handcrafted, small batch vodka and gin from Salt Spring Shine Craft Distillery
- Salt Spring Wild Cider from local wild apples
- Exotic spices recreating the tastes of Asia, Africa and the Caribbean from Monsoon Coast
- Traditionally fermented vinegars from Salt Spring Island Artisan Vinegar
- Hand-harvested fleur de sel from Salt Spring Sea Salt
- Organic baby clothes & kids’ tees from Boogaloo Bubbywear that are hip, eco-friendly, and ethical
- Wooden toys, serving boards and bottle totes from Elfworks Studios made from reclaimed wood
- Alembic Essences essential oils, floral waters, soaps, lotions and fragrances crafted using natural and organic ingredients from the Lavender & Black aromatic fields
- Hand-crafted all-natural soaps and shampoos from The Bubble and Squeak Soapery
Follow Made on Salt Spring on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for more information.