The Granville Island Turkey Trot has become a Thanksgiving Day tradition in Vancouver, and registration is now open for the 20th annual event that inspires active lifestyles and supporting the community around you.
Granville Island Turkey Trot
Sunday, October 8, 2017 Kids Run at 11:00am
Monday, October 9, 2017 10KM at 8:30am
Register today »
Included in Registration
- 10KM medal for all finishers
- Free $20 Gift Card from Rackets & Runners valid on New Balance product with no minimum spend
- Race bib with built-in timing chip
- Free, convenient and secure gear check
- Free drinks
- On-course services including water
- Exciting Finish Line on Granville Island
- Expo at Performance Works with free yoga
- Post-race celebrations with free hot food and lively entertainment
- Age category and fun team prizes
- Plus your race entry supports local charity
Rackets & Runners will donate two pounds of food to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank for every $20 Gift Card redeemed at the Expo or at Rackets & Runners until November 30th! Donate to The Greater Vancouver Food Bank and you are also eligible to win draw prizes.
All abilities welcome. Participants are encouraged to run, walk, or even stroll with baby strollers. Great food will be available post-event, along with live entertainment inside Performance Works post race.
The non-profit Vancouver International Marathon Society now annually organizes the Granville Island Turkey Trot. To acknowledge the special role communities play in bringing race day to life, they feature a Community Challenge Program – the goal of which is to create a movement that will ignite support and excitement for sport.
The Community Challenge presented by Chevron recognizes and rewards communities that support the event. Cash prizes are up for grabs! $250 will be awarded to each of the following categories:
- Team with the Largest Number of Runners wins $250
- Best Team Costume, runners or spectators, wins $250
- Best Volunteer Team wins $250
- Additionally, RUNVAN® will randomly award one lucky team of 10 more runners $250!
Greater Vancouver Food Bank
The Granville Island Turkey Trot is annually organized over Thanksgiving in the spirit of community and giving back. When you register, please consider donating to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank or bring non-perishable food items to the race to support the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
The GVFB provides assistance to over 26,500 people weekly through 13 distribution locations and more than 80 community agencies located in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and North Vancouver. For every $1 donated, the GVFB is able to purchase $3 of nutritious food. The GVFB is committed to its vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all and through community collaboration, is pro-actively working to help end hunger.
The Granville Island Turkey Trot is part of the RUNVAN® race series, which also includes the BMO Vancouver Marathon in May and Fall Classic Run at UBC in November. All events are organized by the local non-profit RUNVAN®, with the goal to inspire healthy, active lifestyles.