BMO Vancouver Marathon Eventsby
The BMO Vancouver Marathon, Vancouver’s only marathon event, will welcome participants from over 60 countries May 4-7, 2017. Whether you’re doing the Marathon, Half Marathon, 8KM, Relay, Walk, Kids Run, checking out the free Health, Sports & Lifestyle Expo or the Street Festival, there are many ways to celebrate marathon weekend!
BMO Vancouver Marathon Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 4 to Saturday, May 6, 2017
What: Free Health, Sports & Lifestyle Expo
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre West (1055 Canada Place)
When: Thursday, May 4 (5:00pm-8:00pm); Friday, May 5 (11:00am-8:00pm); Saturday, May 6 (10:00am-6:00pm)
The Health, Sports & Lifestyle Expo is the largest expo event on its kind in Canada and kicks off BMO Vancouver Marathon weekend. It showcases everything from gear and shoes to the latest trends in lifestyle, fitness, wellness, health and nutrition.
You can win amazing prizes including Whitecaps tickets from BMO, Seahawks Training Camp VIP passes, Saucony Shoes, Air France flights to Paris and more! The Expo is FREE and open to participants and the public. Over 120 exhibitors will fill the Expo so be sure to leave plenty of time to check it out.
Saturday, May 6, 2017
- 9:00am: Running Room Friendship Run – Stanley Park, Devonian Park. Meet at Running Room Dennman (Denman and Georgia)
- 11:00am: Kids Run presented by Saucony Kids – Stanley Park, Ceperly Park
- 12:00pm: 2.5KM Walk – Stanley Park, Ceperly Park
Sunday, May 7, 2017
- 7:00am: Half Marathon Start – Queen Elizabeth Park, Midlothian Ave
- 8:00am: Half Marathon champion – Finish Line
- 8:30am: Marathon & Relay Start – Queen Elizabeth Park, Midlothian Ave
- 9:30am: 8KM Start – Stanley Park, Lagoon Drive
- 10:45am: Marathon champion – Finish Line
- 8:00am – 3:30pm: Finish Line – West Pender St. between Bute & Thurlow
- 8:30am – 2:30pm: Street Festival – West Hastings St. between Bute & Burrard
Click here for large version of the route map »
Road closures will be in effect on Sunday, May 7, 2017 between 7:00am and 11:00am for the Half Marathon, 8:30am to 3:30pm for the Marathon, and 9:30am to 11:00am for the 8KM.
Race routes will impact traffic in Vancouver’s Riley Park, Coal Harbour and Downtown on Saturday, May 6, and Riley Park, Cambie, Oakridge, Fairview, Kerrisdale, Dunbar, UBC, Point Grey, Kitsilano, False Creek, Chinatown, Yaletown, West End, Coal Harbour and Downtown neighbourhouds.
Click here for detailed PDFs with road closure info for each neighbourhood »
Follow the BMO Vancouver Marathon on Facebook and Twitter for information about the Expo, Festival, and all of the runs and walks.