On Thursday, March 30, 2017, Dining Out For Life returns for its 23rd year in support of people living with HIV/AIDS in our community.
Dining Out for Life
From Whistler to White Rock and across the Lower Mainland, DOFL’s restaurant partners will contribute 25% of their food sales to A Loving Spoonful.
Over 50 restaurants are participating, from Lucky’s Doughnuts and Burgoo Bistro, to Cactus Club, Gotham Steakhouse, Forage, Fable, and more! They’re donating 25% of breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner to the cause.
All proceeds directly benefit the programs and services they provide free-of-charge, including:
- An average 100,000 meals per year delivered by volunteers to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Metro Vancouver and surrounding regions
- Nutritional counselling and meal planning.
- Easter Sundays where chefs donate their time to cook for a group of 50-60 people.
- Family Pantry Program where families receive fruits, vegetables, and other pantry essentials.
- Snack Packs all clients receive: fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, juice, milk and more.
A Loving Spoonful is a volunteer-driven, non-partisan Society that provides free, nutritious meals to people living with HIV/AIDS in Greater Vancouver. A Loving Spoonful is the constant support of over 250 adults and children living with HIV/AIDS throughout the Greater Vancouver area
Dine out on Thursday, March 30, 2017 and make it a day to remember.
Follow Dining Out for Life on Twitter and Facebook with the tag #VanDOFL for more information.