The city is hosting the very first Vancouver Tree Week, coming up April 2-10, 2016. There will be walking tours and special events, along with community tree sales that will help the city grow its urban forest and reach its goal of planting 150,000 trees by 2020.
Vancouver Tree Week
The Stanley Park Ecology Society, the Park Board, the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival and local community centres will all host events and sales:
- Big Tree Weekend in Stanley Park is April 2nd & April 3rd. Many of the events are already sold out (like the giant tree tour) but free tickets remain for just a few others like Canopy Wildlife and Canopy Climb.
- Tree Talks and Walks at UBC presented by Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival on April 2nd from 10:00am to 11:30am
- Tree Talks and Walks at VanDusen Botanical Garden on April 10th from 1:30pm to 3:30pm
- Thornton Park Tree Tour on April 7th from 6:00pm to 7:00pm
- Native Edible and Medicinal Tree and Plant Walk on April 9th from 10:30am to 12:00pm
Saturday, April 2nd at Hillcrest from 10:00am to 4:00pm
Saturday, April 10 at Trout Lake from 9:00am to 3:00pm
View the full calendar of events online and follow the tag #VanTreeWeek for updates on social media.