Red Mitten Weekend at BC Sports Hall of Fame
Do you still have some red mittens that helped support Canadian athletes from coast to coast? Bring them to the BC Sports Hall of Fame for free admission (for kids 12 and under).
Where: Gate A at BC Place
When: Open daily 10:00am to 5:00pm
Details: Families will have the opportunity to learn about British Columbia’s history through artifacts and enjoy the benefits of physical activity through our interactive sports games and activities including:
- Playing ping pong on the table from the Vancouver 2010 Athletes’ Village
- Getting a photo holding a real 2010 Olympic torch, while standing on the 2010 Olympic podium from BC Place
- Breaking a sweat in our Participation Zone where they can rock-climb, run, and try hockey shootout skills
- Watching highlights of the 2010 Games on our big screen
- Entering a draw for a free one-year Family Membership to the BC Sports Hall of Fame
The Hall’s permanent exhibits and activities will also be accessible throughout the weekend. Break a sweat in the Participation Zone where you can play ping pong on the table used in the 2010 Athletes’ Village, climb a rotating climbing wall, test your time on a 14 meter running track, kick a ball and slap a puck in our sports simulator, play bubble hockey, foosball, Monster Basketball and more.