Vancouver Bach Choir, currently celebrating its 85th anniversary season, presents Downing’s Phantom of the Opera at the Orpheum this February.
Where: The Orpheum (601 Smithe St, Vancouver)
When: Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 8:00pm
Tickets: Starting at $29, available online now
This version of Phantom of the Opera is not the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, but a score to the 1925 silent film by innovative Canadian composer Andrew Downing. It is a spectacular multimedia work that interweaves a screening of Rupert Julian’s dark & haunting 1925 film, The Phantom of the Opera, with live performance by chorus and chamber ensemble.
Toronto-based composer Andrew Downing’s mesmerizing score returns by popular demand, offering new intensity and nuance to the cult-classic tale of gothic romance, lurking horror, and the unequaled power of music.
Win a Phantom of the Opera Date Night
Forget the pink hearts, red roses, and pre-written greeting cards when looking for a gift for your sweetheart this season. Instead, try a night of passion and gothic romance. Enter to win a uniquely themed prize package valued at over $300! The prize includes:
- Dinner for two at Cannibal Café
- Gift card, t-shirt & ceramic stein from Storm Crow Tavern
- Beginner’s Lesson Package to Academie Duello
- CD Recording of Andrew Downing’s Silents – Music for Silent Films
- 2 VIP tickets for Vancouver Bach Choir presents Downing’s Phantom of the Opera
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Like or comment on this Facebook post (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Tuesday, February 2, 2016. Tickets are for February 20th exclusively. All prizes can be collected at the concert on February 20th. Follow the Vancouver Bach Choir on Twitter and Facebook for more information.
Update The winner is Carolyn Sapach!