Vanier Park hosts the fourth annual Winter Wander on Saturday, February 7, 2015 as six cultural institutions open their doors for a self-guided family-friendly tour for visitors and locals alike.
Winter Wander at Vanier Park
Presented by Port Metro Vancouver, the Vancouver Maritime Museum, Museum of Vancouver, H.R. MacMillan Space Centre, Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival, Vancouver Academy of Music, and City of Vancouver Archives will all participate in Winter Wander.
All stops are within walking distance and all will be open from 10:00am to 5:00pm on February 7th. For only $5.00, youth, seniors and adults receive admission to all venues, while kids five and younger can visit for free.
New this year, there will be complimentary beverages, wooden boat building demonstrations at the Vancouver Maritime Museum’s Heritage Harbour, and the Museum of Vancouver’s exhibition of Musqueam culture. Check the schedule online for details about special presentations and activities throughout the day.
Win a Winter Wander Prize Pack
To promote Winter Wander, the Vanier Park Culture Group has offered up an awesome prize pack for one lucky Miss604 reader. The prize includes:
- 2 tickets to Bard on the Beach
- 1-year annual pass for the Vancouver Maritime Museum
- 2 tickets for Space Centre evening programming
- A tote bag and family membership to the Museum of Vancouver
- 2 tickets to the VAMSO concert at the Orpheum
- Daphne Sleigh’s book on Major Matthews, founder of the Vancouver Archives, “The Man Who Saved Vancouver”!
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment naming a participating venue for Winter Wander(1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Saturday, February 7, 2015.
Update The winner is Emma!