The Stanley Park Halloween Ghost Train will be pulling out of the miniature railway station and into Mother Goose’s Ghastly Garden starting October 10th, 2014. Tickets are on sale now for this mystical, magical ride for all ages with creepy tales and spooky good times.
Stanley Park Ghost Train for Halloween
Experience Mother Goose’s Ghastly Garden, the theme for 2014:
Bridge collapses. Little girl eating cheese terrorized by spider. Hysterical mother found living in shoe. Horrendous headlines from trashy tabloids? Or simply the real goods that classic nursery rhymes are made of To find out, come to the Ghost Train as we present a twisted cabaret of timeless nursery rhymes and bedtime treats perfect for a Halloween night.
The miniature railway area will feature an array of activities like the pumpkin patch and pumpkin carving tent, a costume contest, a lantern-lit nature walk (Creatures of the Night) with Stanley Park Ecology Society, and the new Spooky Barn with matinee and evening shows. The Stanley Park “Cob House” will also be open for hot and devilishly delicious organic popcorn. Proceeds support gaps in funding for Stanley Park Ecology Society’s School Programs.
Stanley Park Ghost Train Hours and Admission
The Stanley Park Halloween Ghost Train will operate Friday, October 10th to Saturday, November 1st, 2014 but will be closed on Monday, October 13th for Thanksgiving.
Matinee train ride: Friday to Sunday, 11:00am to 4:30pm
Evening train ride: day of, starting at 3:00pm
From 3:00pm on the day of your train ride, you can purchase tickets at the ticket booth in the Stanley Park Miniature Train Plaza. You can buy same-day tickets only. A full schedule of admission prices is available online. Tickets are now online or by calling (604) 252-3700.
Tips from the organizers:
- At least half of the tickets for each night are reserved for on-site purchase, so even if online tickets are sold out for that day, there will still be tickets for sale on-site. However, since this event is so popular, tickets for the day can sell out quickly. Come early!
- Evening train rides include live performances and displays. The last train leaves 30 minutes before closing time.
- Train tickets are sold in half-hour time slots. Several trains will depart within each time slot.
- Avoid the crowds and come out Monday to Thursday in the first two weeks.
Update: October 9, 2014 — Enter to win 1 of 2 pairs of tickets for the Stanley Park Ghost Train on Thursday, October 16, 2014. Here’s how:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw two winners at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Tuesday, October 14, 2014. Tickets will be valid for Thursday, October 16, 2014.
Update The winners are Lyn and rebecca!