Theatre Under the Stars (“TUTS”) returns to the historic Malkin Bowl at Stanley Park for a new summer season of musicals. In one of the most beautiful venues in the city, you can enjoy two shows this season under the cool canopy in Stanley Park.
Legally Blonde: The Musical and SHREK: The Musical are on now (alternating nights) until August 23, 2014 and thanks to TUTS, I have a pair of tickets to give away to each, starting with Legally Blonde.
Pretty-in-pink princess Elle Woods can handle anything. When her boyfriend, Warner, breaks her heart and dumps her, she decides to follow him to Harvard Law School and win him back. With some help from her new-found friends and her chihuahua Bruiser, she learns that it’s so much better to be smart than pretty. Full of irresistible song and dance, this blonde-tastic musical was the hit of 2013!
Tickets are available now for $20 to $45. VIP experiences are also available for groups. All shows start at 8:00pm except on fireworks nights (July 26, July 30, August 2) when they will begin at 7:00pm.
Going to TUTS is unlike any other theatre experience in Vancouver. Mainly, there’s no roof – you’re outside at the Malkin Bowl in Stanley Park. This allows for offerings like a grilled salmon dinner or the option to bring your own picnic. I attended my first TUTS performance last summer and put together the following tips for maximum enjoyment:
- While the sun is shining and temperatures are high, it does cool off quite a bit at night. You can bring blankets in or light jacket like a hoodie for after the show.
- You can also pick up some seat cushions on site (by donation) for comfort as the seats are just plastic patio furniture.
- You are in the middle of a sloped grassy field in the park so an application of bug spray is recommended.
- Dress is casual, I even saw some sweatpants last night, but I’d say jeans are fine.
- Just past the entrance there is a “TUTS Museum” with programs, posters, and costumers from decades of TUTS at Malkin Bowl. It’s worth browsing around to get a sense of the history of this Vancouver institution.
Win Tickets to Legally Blonde: The Musical
Here’s how you can enter to win a pair of tickets to see Legally Blonde: The Musical this season from TUTS and Miss604:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
Update The winner is Nikki!