The Surrey Women’s Centre is launching Bid to Benefit, a new and creative campaign to help raise funds for their SMART (Surrey Mobile Assault Response Team). Bid to Benefit is an online auction that will run from July 18th to July 28th, featuring over 150 brand new designer dresses to make any occasion special.
SMART is a 24/7 crisis line with support workers, transportation to Surrey Memorial Hospital or the Abbotsford Regional Hospital for emergency medical treatment immediately following an assault, court support workers to help women navigate the court system, counselling, and help with applications for financial aid and housing.
Surrey Women’s Centre Bid to Benefit
From grad party to garden party, you can bid on fabulous frocks (originally valued at $150-$1,295) from Michael Kors, Monique Lhuillier, Akiko, Nicole Miller and others which will be available in sizes from 0 to 20.
Winning bids will contribute to the Surrey Women’s Centre’s goal of raising $20,000 in order to continue helping women and girls in BC create fresh starts.
I had the pleasure of modelling two of the dresses (one of which is seen in the photos above) that will be available for bidding/purchase through the online auction. Thanks to Tugboat and Liz Dungate, I got glam for the cause and to support the vital work that Surrey Women’s Centre does for women in our community.
No time for an auction? Your support is welcomed by donating online anytime. Here is just an example of how your donation can make a difference:
- $10: 1 comfort package that includes some of the comforts of home as women and girls transition to a safe space.
- $20: 1 hour of support on the 24-hour crisis line.
- $30: 1 hour of 1:1 counselling.
- $40 : 2 hours of support, outreach and advocacy beyond the emergency room.
- $50: One hour of group counselling for up to 10 women.
- $100: Provides four women with emergency transportation to hospital immediately following an assault.
- Read stories to see how your contributions can help.
If you would like to add a fantastic designer dress to your wardrobe while also supporting this important community resource, visit the Bid to Benefit website over the next 10 days to place your bid or make a donation. Follow the Surrey Women’s Centre on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more information.