Win Tickets to Underground Comedy Railroadby
The 3rd annual Underground Comedy Railroad tour is coming to the Rio Theatre as a part of Black History Month. Introducing the voice of black Canadians, the tour is scheduled to stop is 10 cities across the country, arriving in Vancouver on February 22nd at 8:30pm.
The history of the Underground Railroad is not something to make light of. That network of safe houses and secret routes brought slaves to Canada, and freedom, in the 19th Underground Comedy Railroad tour will introduce the voice of black Canadians to fellow citizens and give centre stage to one of the country’s visible minorities.
The Underground Comedy Railroad tour showcases some of Canada’s accomplished comedians who offer a remarkable perspective that is uniquely Canadian. The line-up includes the following black Canadian stand-up comics:
- Rodney Ramsey (Montreal) – a Just for Laughs veteran who has appeared on CBC Radio’s “The Debaters” and CBC TV’s “This Hour Has 22 Minutes”. He is the creator of the Underground Comedy Railroad tour and co-creator of a new hit web series called “The Flipside”.
- Gilson Lubin (Toronto) – has made appearances on HBO’s Def Comedy Jam, Comedy Central’s “Premium Blend”, Comedy Now, and MTV Canada. He has also opened for some of his favourite comedians, including Dave Chappelle.
- Andrew Searles (Montreal) – named “Top 10 Best Stand-up Comedians in Montreal” for four consecutive years and has been featured on SiriusXM Radio, CTV, and CBC TV. He is also the co-creator of the Underground Comedy Railroad tour.
- Kwasi Thomas (Vancouver) – a crowd pleaser across the country from Montreal’s ComedyWorks to Ottawa’s Yuk Yuk’s to Vancouver’s own Comedy Mix, Kwasi Thomas has spent a healthy portion of his life on stage. He has participated in both the Just for Laughs Homegrown Comedy Competition and Best of the Fest Showcase. In addition to stand-up, he is a member of the Dead Comics Society sketch troupe and has produced a series of successful comedy events in Montreal – “The Drunken Show”, “The Drunken Show II: Menace 2 Sobriety”, and “Return of the Drunken Masters”.
Tickets are currently available online for $25. I also have a pair to give away, here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Saturday, February 15, 2014. Follow the tour on Facebook and Twitter for more information.
Update The winner is Kevin!
26 Comments — Comments Are Closed
Would love to check this show out!
This would be a different way to spend the evening!
I would love to go, this show looks so great!
Sounds like a great show! Would love to check this one out with my boyfriend 🙂
Sounds like fun and great combination!
What a creative way to celebrate black history month
sounds like a hilarious Girls night!!!
Went to the Rio, for the first time last week to see the “String Fling.” I love this hipster theather….Can’t wait to go back. As a little girl I used to
collage. “Black is Beautiful.” I secretly longed to be. 🙂
The Rio – what a great Venue! “The Underground Comedy Railroad” – what a great way to learn some valuable history and appreciation!
Sounds like a funny night!
Cools. Why not?
yes! pick me!
would love to see this!
Did you SEE this lineup??? Super exciting!!!
Funny way to spend a date!
I could use a good laugh soon!
I’d love to win.
Would love to this this show!!
An evening of laughter guaranteed with that line up!
Great date night idea. Would love to win these for my wonderful husband!
Would love to check this show out!
Would be great to try this out!
What a well described post. Thanks to you!