Red Mitten Weekend at BC Sports Hall of Fameby
I’m a big fan of Vancouver’s museums and galleries, including the BC Sports Hall of Fame which is located right at BC Place. From February 8th until February 10th they’ll be celebrating Family Day in BC along with the 4th anniversary of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games.
Red Mitten Weekend at BC Sports Hall of Fame
Bust out your red mittens for a very special long weekend at BC Sports Hall of Fame where kids sporting the festive red mitts will get in FREE. Once inside, here’s what you’ll find on display:
- Celebrate the 4th Anniversary of Vancouver’s Games in the Vancouver 2010 Gallery
- See a full set of the Olympic and Paralympic medals
- Say hi to Quatchi, Sumi and Miga the official 2010 mascots (not animated)
- Watch highlights of the 2010 Games on our big screen
- Stand on a real 2010 podium
- Complete a FAMILY DAY scavenger hunt
- See a unique collection of figure skating painting including: Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, Joannie Rochette, Johnny Weir and more.
On top of all the olympic-themed displays and artifacts, enjoy the Participation ZONE, play ping pong on the table used in the 2010 Athletes’ Village, climb a rotating climbing wall, test your time on the 14 meter running track, kick a ball and slap a puck in the sports simulator, play bubble hockey, foosball, Monster Basketball and discover even more galleries.
The BC Sports Hall of Fame is open daily at Gate A of BC Place from 10:00am-5:00pm. Follow along on Facebook and Twitter for more special event and exhibit information.