The VanDusen Festival of Lights opened this week adding even more beauty to Vancouver’s stunning botanical gardens.
VanDusen Festival of Lights
Until January 4, 2014 enjoy this magical experience with the whole family as you explore over a million twinkling lights between 4:30pm and 9:00pm daily (closed Christmas Day, December 25, 2013).
Dancing Lights on Livingstone Lake starts nightly at 4:30pm with two different shows alternating every thirty minutes throughout the evening. Explore the Gingerbread Wood, Golden Chain Walk, and Candy Cane Lane throughout the gardens as well. Take photos with Santa until December 24, 2013 and sit in on the following performances throughout the month:
- Scandinavian Christmas Gnomes, Svend and Jens, appear nightly in three performance areas
- Mischievous Grinch and his secret hut
- Shadow puppet performance by the talented duo Mind of a Snail
- Choirs on the Performance Stage
- Community choirs (December 11 – 20)
- VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir (December 21)
- The Christmas Revelers (December 22 – 23)
- Make-A-Wish Candle Grotto
- Candy Cane Express model train
- Make-A-Wish “Room of Joy” featuring a Parade of Lego creations by the Vancouver Lego Club
You are encouraged to purchase your tickets in advance since this is such a popular event. You can do so at the Admission Desk in the Visitor Centre (no service charge applies), at Tickets Tonight (service charge applies), or online.
Enjoy light fare and full meals at Truffles Café during the Festival of Lights and dinner is served every night at the Shaughnessy Restaurant (reservations recommended). VanDusen Botanical Garden is located at 5251 Oak St (37th and Oak) in Vancouver, BC.