A friend of mine, up to the age of 16, used to put her hair in pigtails to appear younger at White Spot just so she could order a Pirate Pak from the kids menu. Lucky for her, and the rest of us that have outgrown kids meals, it’s almost time for Pirate Pak Day at White Spot where the purchase of regular kids Pirate Pak and exclusive Adult Pirate Paks will go to a great cause.
White Spot Pirate Pak Day
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 White Spot will donate $2 from every Pirate Pak sold to Zajac Ranch for Children — a BC based summer camp that brings joy to children and youth with serious medical conditions.
Pirate Paks will be available for all ages for dine-in and take-out. The special edition ‘Adult Pak’ features a choice of four delicious burger options, including the Legendary Burger, Bacon Cheddar Bigger Burger, Provolone Veggie Burger on a multigrain bun, and the BC Chicken Burger. Starting at $11.49, each meal comes with fresh-cut fries, creamy coleslaw, a soft drink, a scoop of premium ice cream and a “gold” chocolate coin, served in their iconic Pirate Pak boat.
Pirate Pak Facts
- Exactly 785,199 Pirate Paks were sold last year.
- Since 1968, more than 23 million Pirate Paks have been sold.
- With the option to substitute salad, juice, feature sundaes and shakes for the standard favourites, there are more than 675 different Kids Pirate Pak combinations, including vegetarian options!
- The Pirate Pak boat is 100% recyclable. (I swear, when I was little, that it could also be used for a hat).
- The most popular Pirate Pak item is the Pirate Pak Hamburger, made with 100% fresh Canadian beef and famous Triple “O” sauce. Coming in close second is our Pirate Pak with Macaroni & Cheese.
Zajac Ranch‘s mission is to develop and operate an accessible, innovative and full-service facility that welcomes children and young adults facing chronic, life-threatening or debilitating conditions. It provides camp experiences that empower children of all abilities to participate, foster the development of life-long skills and independence and, create lasting opportunities for friendship and fulfillment.
Since 2008, White Spot has raised $202,470 for Zajac Ranch, providing more than 100 children and young adults the opportunity to create summertime memories and empower them to experience traditional camp activities – an opportunity that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. You can donate directly to Zajac Ranch online and visit your local White Spot on August 14th to show your support.
To spread the word about Pirate Pak Day this year, White Spot has offered up a $25 gift card to one lucky Miss604 reader. Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment here naming your favourite White Spot menu item (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 3:00pm on Pirate Pak Day, Wednesday, August 14, 2013. Follow White Spot on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date on their latest menu offerings and promotions.
Update The winner is Alisa!