Toque Tuesday 2013

Add a Comment by Rebecca Bollwitt

Though it’s commonly known outside of the country as a beanie, wool hat or a knit-cap, it’s a toque to us and it’s playing an important role on Tuesday as it helps find long term solutions to end homelessness in Canada.

Toque Tuesday 2013

Toque Tuesday is a part of the national campaign that has been running for the last 16 years and this coming Tuesday over 40,000 volunteers across the country will be selling toques for a cause. They’ll be $10 each with 80% of net funds staying right in the communities where they are sold. The remaining 20% of funds raised from toque sales will go to Raising the Roof’s national projects. In Vancouver the beneficiaries are the Lookout Emergency Aid Society and Pacific Community Resources Society.

Head to one of these locations on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 to purchase your toque:

7:00 to 11:00am at SkyTrain & Canada Line Stations
Waterfront, Granville, Vancouver City Centre, Burrard, City Hall

7:00am to 11:00am at First Baptist Church (969 Burrard at Nelson)
Breakfast of coffee and muffins with the purchase of every toque.

6:30am to 6:00pm at TD Tower at Granville and Georgia

Volunteers will also be at the UBC Student Union Building on Wednesday, February 6, 2013.

7:00am to 9:00am Surrey Central SkyTrain Station
Outside of the North Surrey Recreation Center (10275 City Pkwy)

10:00am at Chuck Bailey Rec Centre (13458 107A Ave)
Stop by the Raising the Roof Hockey Challenge with teams from the Surrey Fire fighters, RCMP, BC LIONS, Surrey Eagles, Local MLA’s and representatives from Community Service providers such as the Surrey Urban Mission and KEYS.

New Westminster
6:30am to 8:30am, 11:30am to 1:30pm, 3:00pm to 5:30pm at SkyTrain Stations
Columbia, New Westminster, Sapperton, Braid (TBC)

9:30am to 5:30pm at the New Westminster Public Library (716 6 Ave)
9:30am to 5:30pm Starbucks Coffee (601 Columbia St and 800 Carnarvon St)
9:30am to 5:30pm Douglas College (700 Royal Ave)
9:30am to 5:30pm Hume Park Elementary (TBC) (521 Fader St)

North Vancouver
10:00am to 12:00pm at the Lonsdale Quay Seabus Station

If you can’t get to any of these locations, you can order a toque online. Follow Raising the Roof on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about Toque Tuesday and other national and local initiatives.

Raising the Roof provides strong and effective national leadership on long-term solutions to homelessness through partnership and collaboration with diverse stakeholders, investment in local communities, and public education.

Current Contests on Miss604
*All contests are open to residents of Canada only, unless otherwise stated. Contest timelines are published on each individual post along with entry methods. Some contests may only be open to those 19 years of age and older. Winners are announced on the contest blog posts. Contest policy »
Comments are closed on this post
Also on