This Friday the Vancouver Art Gallery will host its very popular FUSE event that transforms galleries into performance spaces in a late night, adults-only environment three times annually.
This month’s theme is inspired by artist Ian Wallace’s work titled My Heroes in the Streets and will channel the language of the street through movement, music and performance throughout the galleries.
FUSE will run from 8:00pm until 1:00am on November 9th at the Vancouver Art Gallery with the following artists:
- Contemporary dance artist Justine Chambers performs work inspired by everyday actions. Chambers was a principal dancer with Desrosiers Dance Theatre and a member of Diavolo Dance Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Performance collective COaT (Centre of a Tangle) will explore work and ideas of heroism in special performances on the second and fourth floors.
- Indie rock band In Medias Res will bring an atmospheric vibe to the 4th floor rooftop pavilion.
- Dance duo MACHiNOiSY will bring innovative movement to the Rotunda.
Admission is just $17.50 for adults and free for Vancouver Art Gallery members. Tickets can be purchased in advance online.
The way people talk about FUSE it almost seems like a right of passage as an adult in Vancouver. I’m excited to go to my first with John this week, especially to see In Medias Res who we’ve been meaning to see perform for years now. If you would like to attend on Friday, here’s how you can enter to win a pair of tickets:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries tomorrow (Wednesday, November 7, 2012) at 5:00pm. Must be 19+ to enter to win and attend.
Update The winner is Chelsea!