Lookout Society Share the Warmth 2012by
With the falling leaves comes dropping temperatures around Metro Vancouver and a need to bundle up. For those who do not have the resources to purchase the the basics like socks and scarves — or for those who do not even have a roof over their head — the Lookout Society is ramping up its Share the Warmth campaign.
The Lookout Emergency Aid Society is calling for donations of blankets, sleeping bags, heavy winter coats, rain coats, hats, wool socks, and shoes to help the shelterless this season.
While Lookout is one of the largest providers of shelter beds in Vancouver, they were forced to turn away people over 10,000 time last year because they just didn’t have enough beds. When people are turned away, it’s best to not let them go empty-handed into the cold night.
Here are their most-wanted items:
- Clean blankets and sleeping bags
- Warm winter clothing including jackets, hoodies, sweatpants, gloves, toques, scarves and hats
- New under garments and gently used socks
- Boots and running shoes
Donations can be dropped off daily from 11:00am to 4:00 at the following locations:
- Livingroom Drop-in, 528 Powell Street, Vancouver
- Cliff Block Housing, 606 Clarkson Street, New Westminster
- North Shore Housing Centre 705 West 2nd Street, North Vancouver
Lookout Emergency Aid Society is a non-profit, charitable organization meeting the needs of the homeless since 1971. Lookout operates 181 year-round shelter beds which provide warm beds, meals and services for men and women. Follow Lookout on Twitter and Facebook for more information.
1 Comment — Comments Are Closed
[…] Share the Warmth – Lookout Society […]