The Big Baby Drive is heading to Surrey this month after a successful campaign at Oakridge in March. Organized by One Big Movement (“OBM”), which was founded by SFU students, the drive collected over 1,100 items for local low-income mothers and their children.
The Surrey event will be held at Guildford Town Centre (near London Drugs, at Customer Service) April 28th and 29th from 10:00am to 4:00pm. I asked Mercedes Book from One Big Movement if they have a wish-list for this drive based on the items received at Oakridge. She said that while they collected plenty of helpful goods and toys, they really would like to stock up on essentials like diapers.
- Unopened baby food, body care, skincare & shampoo products
- New or Washed blankets, clothes and bedding
- New diapers (open boxes are okay – sizes 4, 5 and 6 are highest in demand)
- Baby monitors, speakers and breast pumps
- Toys (nursery, bath, developmental, playhouses, etc.)
All donations and items collected are go directly to programs run by the YWCA Metro Vancouver. Guildford Town Centre is located off 104th Avenue between 152nd and 150th. Follow One Big Movement on Twitter and Facebook for more information about upcoming events and campaigns.