It was a big week for transit in Metro Vancouver as the Canada Line and the original SkyTrain both celebrated anniversaries. Although it’s been 26 years since we first heard the memorable 3-toned chime announcing the next SkyTrain station it was 25 years ago this week that it was put into regular service. It’s also been 2 years since our trains started reaching Vancouver International Airport. In honor of these milestones, this week’s collection of old-timey photos from the Vancouver Archives has a transit theme.
- Enter here to win tickets to opening night of Yoga Play (until Jan 25)
- Enter here to win tickets to closing night of the JCC Jewish Book Festival ft. Mike Reiss (until Jan 28)
- Enter here to win tickets to the Alpen Club's Valentine's Dance (until Jan 26)
- Enter here to win tickets Vancouver Opera presents La Bohème (until Jan 29)
- Enter here to win tickets to the sold out Bobby McFerrin show at the Chan Centre (until Jan 24)
- View a complete list of contests »