Today is International Women’s Day and in Vancouver, women have played a strong role in developing its history and making sure it moves into the future. The Vancouver Police Museum reminded us on Twitter this morning that Vancouver was the first city in the world to hire women as cops and I wanted to showcase that part of our local history. I selected the collection of photos below as they portray Vancouver women as you may see them today – as athletes, hikers, campers, part of community organizations, having fun and working hard.
- Enter here to win tickets to BC Distilled (until Mar 27)
- Enter here to win opening night tickets to GLORY at Gateway Theatre (until Mar 26)
- Enter here to win weekend passes for the Vancouver South African Film Festival (until Mar 22)
- Enter here to win a pne night stay at Pangea Pod Hotel in Whistler (until Mar 21)
- View a complete list of contests »