Today is International Women’s Day and in Vancouver, women have played a strong role in developing its history and making sure it moves into the future. The Vancouver Police Museum reminded us on Twitter this morning that Vancouver was the first city in the world to hire women as cops and I wanted to showcase that part of our local history. I selected the collection of photos below as they portray Vancouver women as you may see them today – as athletes, hikers, campers, part of community organizations, having fun and working hard.
- Enter here to win tickets to A Charlie Brown Holiday Double Bill (until Nov 19)
- Enter here to win a $50 Indigo gift card (until Nov 17)
- Enter here to win tickets to see the Barra MacNeils in North Van (until Nov 17)
- Enter here to win a Date Night to Akram Khan’s Chotto Desh plus $50 for dinner at Silk Vancouver (until Nov 18)
- View a complete list of contests »