Today is International Women’s Day and in Vancouver, women have played a strong role in developing its history and making sure it moves into the future. The Vancouver Police Museum reminded us on Twitter this morning that Vancouver was the first city in the world to hire women as cops and I wanted to showcase that part of our local history. I selected the collection of photos below as they portray Vancouver women as you may see them today – as athletes, hikers, campers, part of community organizations, having fun and working hard.
- Enter here to win a $300 Webber Naturals prize pack from the Vancouver Wellness Show (until Jan 23)
- Enter here to win tickets to opening night of Yoga Play (until Jan 25)
- Win a #ExploreCoquitlam Prize Pack when you share your photos from Lights at Lafarge. Details here »
- Enter here to win tickets to the sold out Bobby McFerrin show at the Chan Centre (until Jan 24)
- Enter here to win tickets to the Pet Lover Show (until Jan 22)
- View a complete list of contests »