The Real Keira-Anne and Miss604 on CTV

Friday, October 12th, 2007 — 3:35pm PST

A short while ago Keira was contacted by a reporter about the MySpace identity debacle. Since its discovery, she was able to get the profile deleted and notify some of the imposter’s contacts. Luckily I had time to capture some screenshots of the photos posted on the account before its removal. It’s nice to look back and laugh at the good times she and I had in “Hay Park” when she was visiting from Austin.

Original photo credit: Duane Storey on Flickr – In Stanley Park, not Hay Park

Not sure if I’ll get some face time on the story, but we’re meeting with CTV this evening so I assume it will be on the 6:00pm or late night news.

Unfortunately, as experienced with The Crazy Canucks, CTV usually pulls their content from YouTube so we may not be able to view it later – save for my whatever my mom captures with her VCR – so let us know how it goes.

1. reader says:

wait, you’re advocating the theft of CTV content for profit in the same breath as you’re complaining about impropriety on the internet?

‘reader’: you’re right, we shouldn’t redistribute CTV content however I’ve linked to the TV station in this post, mentioned their name and said it will be on the CTV nightly news, promoting their program. I am not saying that it is *my* television station and *I* am producing the segment and putting it over *my* airwaves, as in my eyes, that would be in the same vein as the MySpace identity spoof.

3. Mort-y says:

Where’s the profit?

4. Raul says:

Congrats on the CTV air time, too bad there’s no way to see it. I am not home yet (at a friends’) but I wish I had seen the interview.

5. PatZ says:

i think a Rick Mercer Report piece on this would be wicked.

6. fotoeins says:

As one who lives outside of North America, it would be nice to see how their CTV piece turned out.

7. I could certainly do without people stealing content, or the whole online identity theft. I guess it boils down to, unless you give credit where it is due or take something and make it your own, don’t use it.

8. Darren says:

Well, at least they followed the first rule of identity theft: when adopting someone else’s identity, pick someone hot.

9. Meg says:

Amen, Darren.

10. Jayden Scott says:

Identity Theft is so rampant these days because it is quite easy to harvest information from someone else.~-`

TV time, Radio fun, and Hockey Legends