Capilano Suspension Bridge Park Anniversary Deals

Presidents’ Cup Lacrosse 2010, Win Tickets

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 — 11:16am PDT

The 2010 Presidents’ Cup, Canada’s premier Senior B box lacrosse tournament, is currently taking place in Burnaby.

Lacrosse is big in these parts (the Canadian Lacrosse Hall of Fame is in New Westminster) and although we no longer have the Vancouver Ravens in the National Lacrosse League, there are still local teams playing top-notch lacrosse.

The Burnaby Burrards and Tri-City Bandits will be representing BC in the tournament this week at the Bill Copeland Arena. Games are Monday to Friday with the bronze and gold medal matches on Saturday.

I have a four-pack of tickets to the bronze medal game (3:00pm) as well as another 4-pack for the gold medal game (7:00pm).

If you would like to check out the Presidents’ Cup medal games on Saturday, leave a lacrosse-related comment on this post to enter the draw. A winner for each 4-pack of tickets will be selected tomorrow morning at 9:00am.

Update My first winner is Tom! The second winner is Lori. Have fun at the games!

1. Tom says:

If there is one (please, just ONE) competition I win on this site (and an excellent site it is too), please let it be this one.

I played field lacrosse in the UK, was captain of my Uni team and have missed it like [insert favourite childhood pet/sweetheart/stuffed toy here] ever since I moved to Canada.

I even have a Salmon Bellies shirt I can wear.

Pretty please?

2. Kevin says:

Lacrosse is often under-represented in the local sports tv coverage (aside from Don Taylor’s efforts).

3. Shawn R. says:

Love lacrosse. Love to take my girl to the game as well as a few mates. Hope to win.

4. Erin says:

I absolutely love watching lacrosse. Fingers crossed

5. Lori says:

My son plays box & field lacrosse and is a huge fan!

6. Pam says:

I have never seen a lacrosse game before, but have been speaking with a coworker who used to play. I would love to go watch!

7. Erin W says:

Great to see a blog post on this local lacrosse event. The company I work for is a proud supporter and sponsor.

8. bekki says:

lacrosse is the official sport of Canada.

9. Tom says:

What bekki said!

I reckon over 90% of Canadians you stop in the street would get that question wrong.

This (almost) Canadian wouldn’t. Which is why I should go.

10. Chacha says:

My nephew plays on a NLL team, and I have been to Washington and Alberta to them play. It would be great if I could take him to the Gold medal game.

11. Wilson says:

Former NHL star Brendan Shanahan is/was an avid lacrosse player.

12. Eileen Saker says:

Our summer evenings have been spent watching our Owen Sound Woodies and our Junior team play some excellent lacrosse. A great game of skill and conditioning.

13. Avis Sinclair says:

My husband and i watched the 2nd game of the day on Thursday. To say the least it was quite an exciting game. The speed,agility, discipline, nothing to say about the condition they are in, quite entertaining to watch and the price was right. Last but least, the volunteers, at the tables and at the doors are so friendly.

BrazilFest 2010 on Granville