City Chase Vancouver 2010 Win Your Way In

The Mitsubishi Motors City Chase powered by Blackberry (or City Chase) is a mega urban adventure race taking place around Vancouver August 28th. Now in its 7th season, the Vancouver City Chase event is usually one of the largest overall with 400 teams participating. Teams consist of a pair of participants who will race around the city, completing tasks at ChasePoints (check points) almost in an Amazing Race style.

CityChase

“ChasePoints are designed to test teams with a variety of physical, intellectual, adventurous and humorous challenges. To conquer this 4-6 hour urban event, 2-person teams will run, walk and use public transit to navigate their way throughout the city, while calling family and friends for help, accessing the Internet, and even employing assistance of total strangers. The first team to complete the required ChasePoints and cross the finish line WINS.”

I have the opportunity to grant 3 teams an entry into the City Chase (regular sign up fee is $250). I will draw 3 winners all of whom will be able to sign up with a partner and enter the race.

Here’s how to enter:

• Leave a comment naming the craziest thing you would do at a ChasePoint in order to complete that step and move on. I’ve never done the City Chase but I’m guessing things like… speed-eating a carton of gelato, swimming across False Creek, shaving your head, count all the bricks in the Hotel Vancouver… things like that. I’ll double up these entries when I do the draw everyone who completes this will have two chances to win.
  • If you can fit in your answer into a Tweet including @CityChaseVan & @Miss604 you’ll also get two entries.
  • Re-tweets of this post are worth one entry into the contest.
  • I’ll draw one winner August 9th, another August 13th, and the final winner August 16th.

Update The first person who gets to enter a team is… Marisa. Congratulations!
    Update Second winner is Kirsten Larsen.
    Update The final winner is Louise.

Current Contests on Miss604
    *All contests are open to residents of Canada only, unless otherwise stated. Contest timelines are published on each individual post along with entry methods. Some contests may only be open to those 19 years of age and older. Winners are announced on the contest blog posts. Contest policy »

1. TriciaTuesday, August 3rd, 2010 — 12:51pm PST

Absolute favorite event of the year. I did Mitsubishi City Chase 2 years ago and Mitsubishi Campus Chase last year. In their races, I’ve already eaten a cricket and had a tarantula crawl on me… You know what, I’d probably do anything for the race, even shave an eyebrow! At least there’s the comfort of knowing that you’re probably not the only person in Vancouver who’s doing it.

I already have a team for this year but haven’t registered yet so winning this would be absolutely awesome.

2. MarshaTuesday, August 3rd, 2010 — 1:13pm PST

I did the City Chase last year and had to eat real LIVE meal worms…blech!! But the whole race was such a great experience that I would do it all over again 🙂

3. KelseyTuesday, August 3rd, 2010 — 1:53pm PST

I also did the City Chase last year and had a wonderful time. Hearing other participants experiences I wanted to keep going and do the stations I didn’t get to do; even though my body was exhausted.

A maze with obstacles would be a fun challenge. I like the ChasePoints which include humour, physical fitness, and a little luck.

I also enjoyed working with other teams to complete tasks.

4. EmilyWednesday, August 4th, 2010 — 1:14am PST

I’ve always wanted to compete in the Amazing Race and am waiting for the show to allow Canadian contestants so City Chase is the perfect answer. I would get a tattoo at a ChasePoint.

It’d be great to see how far in the race my teammate and I can get

5. Charmaine SmithWednesday, August 4th, 2010 — 10:16am PST

I have never competed in the City Chase but would totally love to. My friend and I have discussed entering, things I would do………. repel down the side of the sears tower in Vancouver, bungee jump, I have really long hair and its my pride but i might be willing to cut it short if it could be donated to charity. I’m not a big fan of bugs but could be convinced to eat some. YUCK!!! I think it would just be a huge accomplishement to finish the race. Winning would be freakin amazing. But I would be happy to just not finsih last!!

6. Harold BWednesday, August 4th, 2010 — 12:18pm PST

What a great opportunity to showcase the city of Vancouver. Love the idea of the Amazing Race concept, an all time favourite show.
      And if this is something like Fear Factor, Fear is definitely not a factor!

7. LouiseThursday, August 5th, 2010 — 10:56am PST

I can’t wait for the City Chase. I’m doing it with a friend who competed last year and she said it was one of the best days ever!

My crazy feat would be to sing the Canadian national anthem backwards! After hearing it sung properly over and over during the Olympics – I think it’s time to mix it up.

8. GinaFriday, August 6th, 2010 — 11:48am PST

Any of the aforementioned (bug-eating, False Creek swimming) sounds pretty crazy to me! Hmmm, actually, maybe I shouldn’t try to win this… 😉

9. Cameron WFriday, August 6th, 2010 — 2:51pm PST

I would thumbwrestle a mouse at a ChasePoint to win!

10. MarisaFriday, August 6th, 2010 — 3:23pm PST

I am dying to do the City Chase, just can’t afford the entry. I would definitely be willing to eat bugs, scale a building, spin around 50 times then pin the tail on the donkey, sit in a giant tire and roll down a hill, or climb a rope to the top of the Rogers Arena. The only thing that might scare me is cutting my hair, I have curly hair and would look like a Chia Pet if it were short LOL

11. NicoleFriday, August 6th, 2010 — 7:00pm PST

i think the craziest thing that i would do would be eating gross items!

This sounds amazing!

12. RobSaturday, August 7th, 2010 — 1:26pm PST

To enter the city chase, I would:
      – wear an adult diaper and do the Grouse Grind – with my companion Dave in similar “clothing”.
      -Wear a three piece suit at Wreck Beach
      -Order a cheeseburger at the Naam restaurant

– Order a Green Salad at Morton’s steakhouse

I think you get my drift…

13. MalSaturday, August 7th, 2010 — 2:24pm PST

I think I’m definitely taking part this year. I’ve been going out with my new girlfriend for about six weeks and I can’t think of a better way of really getting to know each other than taking on something challenging and fun like this.

As for things I would do at a ChasePoint, hmmm, I think I’m pretty good at handling a bit of pain, so I think I’d be able to do something like having a couple of hundred washing pegs clipped onto me!

Then again, that’s just a regular date night…oops, did I say that out loud?

14. PIngSunday, August 8th, 2010 — 8:10am PST

I’m a dumbass, but willing to give it a shot. LOL !

15. Carissa KasperMonday, August 9th, 2010 — 12:43pm PST

The craziest thing I would do would be anything it takes to win!!

16. Karen TMonday, August 9th, 2010 — 12:56pm PST

I would coerce a stranger into line dancing with me. 🙂

17. Lucinda CheungMonday, August 9th, 2010 — 12:56pm PST

The craziest thing that I would do is probably use one of those cycling rickshaws down in downtown and try and transport the mayor Gregor Roberston to work!

18. MilaMonday, August 9th, 2010 — 7:13pm PST

I’d eat my weight in cheese, then go tandem biking along the Stanley Park sea wall.

19. HebaMonday, August 9th, 2010 — 11:36pm PST

I would tackle somebody twice my size.

20. Kirsten LarsenTuesday, August 10th, 2010 — 9:48am PST

So I have been involved with City Chase for the past year. I have volunteered at the event in Calgary this summer as well as at Campus Chase UBC last October. I am also helping organize City Chase at UBC this coming October. But what I have never had the opportunity to do is participate in the event! I would do anything to participate in City Chase including but not limited to…

– bungee jumping off a building
      – sky diving
      – eating a worm, spider, cricket or cockroach
      – SHAVE MY HEAD!
      – cliff jump
      – raise as much money as possible for Right to Play
      – ride a BULL or BRONCO (live, not mechanical haha)
      – ride a bike (even though bicycles are one of my biggest fears!)

Basically I would do anything to be in this contest! I already have a partner and we would be thrilled to gain free entry to the race!! Thanks for hosting this contest!

21. BoTuesday, August 10th, 2010 — 2:59pm PST

My City Chase partner and I have each participated in two City Chases, but with different people. This year, due to financial reasons we’re having trouble deciding whether we’ll be able to participate so a free entry would definitely make our summer, if not year 🙂

I am afraid of doing very little but I do have a fear of worms, squiggly things, and creepy crawlies…so of course, one of the years I participated I drew the card to eat a live worm. Thank you, Lady Luck. Maybe not a big deal to some people, but when looking at them freaks you out, the thought of eating them live is a downright disaster.

Well, I downed that beast so fast I could barely feel it squirming down my esophagus–there was no way in hell I was letting my partner that year blame me for holding the team back!!

22. HeidiTuesday, August 10th, 2010 — 4:33pm PST

Seeing I am a child of the seventies, disco dancing seems apropo . . .

23. PaulaFriday, August 13th, 2010 — 3:09am PST

I have been involved with city chase since last year and am helping organize it at ubc this year! I would LOVE to participate and have the experience to get more insight into what we can do for our participants! Among the things I would do to win:
      -eat worms /bugs/dog food
      -wear a ridiculous outfit all day
      -sing infront of a large crowd (i have a bad voice AND get stage fright!!)
      I would LOVE to be able to do this! thanks!

24. Shawn RapazFriday, August 13th, 2010 — 12:41pm PST

Love to try this. I have a team ready and willing to go.

25. DorothySaturday, August 14th, 2010 — 8:20am PST

I love amazing race, this race sounds like a great way to enjoy the experience in one day. I have vertigo so scaling a building would be crazy, but I would love to try. Eating bugs is gross but if its a must I will do it. I hope to participate and have fun and finish with in the time limits. Money is a bit tight due to a car accident but I want to take a chance.