On the horizon, June isn’t looking quite as busy as May although there is a significant increase in BBQ’s and meetups that involve getting together around fire-roasted feasts — and I have no problems with that. Here’s a roundup of events in the near future that are currently on my radar:
– This weekend the World Partnership Walk is taking place this Sunday, starting out at Lumberman’s Arch in Stanley Park.
– The SeaWalk Run is also happening on Sunday over in West Vancouver and you can follow @SeaWalkRun on Twitter for updates.
– Launch Party Vancouver 7 is returning June 2nd and you can view videos and vote on the “startup most likely to succeed” ahead of time.
– The annual BlogHer conference in Chicago is taking place in July however locally, women who blog or are interested in blogging (on any subject matter) are welcome to come by the pre-BlogHer meetup on the afternoon of June 6th in downtown Vancouver.
– I recently gave away a prize pack in honor of Mojave‘s new album and their release party on May 30th is also a Tweetup, where anyone is welcome to stop by.
– The Sweet Dreams Fashion Show will take place 8:00pm June 6th the Dollhouse Studios with proceeds benefiting Camp Phoenix, a week-long summer camp that accepts children who due to social or financial hardships wouldnâ€™t typically be able to attend a summer camp. Tickets are available at the door or by calling (604) 220-5078.
– There is a BBQ Beach Tweetup taking place June 6th at East Spanish Banks.
– National Hunger Awareness Day is June 2nd and the Greater Vancouver Foodbank will be on-location at Pacific Centre all day accepting donations at the Rotunda Plaza on Georgia and Howe. Follow them on Twitter for updates @VanFoodBank.
– Ideas on Tap is June 11th at the Commodore and they’re already sold out of the free early bird tickets. Stay tuned to their Twitter account for more info.
– I’ll be speaking at the Enterprising Moms Network conference on June 13th.
– Yesterday I received a 7″ album from Nardwuar – it’s a copy of the new record “A Wild Pear” featuring his band The Evaporators along with Andrew W.K.. They’ll be doing an official release party (free) on June 23rd at 4:00pm over at Neptoon Records following by a performance at the Biltmore that same evening.
*All photos in this post were taken by Pat Zaph and submitted to the Miss604 group pool on Flickr.