On the horizon, June isn’t looking quite as busy as May although there is a significant increase in BBQ’s and meetups that involve getting together around fire-roasted feasts — and I have no problems with that. Here’s a roundup of events in the near future that are currently on my radar:
– This weekend the World Partnership Walk is taking place this Sunday, starting out at Lumberman’s Arch in Stanley Park.
– The annual BlogHer conference in Chicago is taking place in July however locally, women who blog or are interested in blogging (on any subject matter) are welcome to come by the pre-BlogHer meetup on the afternoon of June 6th in downtown Vancouver.
– The Sweet Dreams Fashion Show will take place 8:00pm June 6th the Dollhouse Studios with proceeds benefiting Camp Phoenix, a week-long summer camp that accepts children who due to social or financial hardships wouldnâ€™t typically be able to attend a summer camp. Tickets are available at the door or by calling (604) 220-5078.
– There is a BBQ Beach Tweetup taking place June 6th at East Spanish Banks.
– National Hunger Awareness Day is June 2nd and the Greater Vancouver Foodbank will be on-location at Pacific Centre all day accepting donations at the Rotunda Plaza on Georgia and Howe. Follow them on Twitter for updates @VanFoodBank.
– I’ll be speaking at the Enterprising Moms Network conference on June 13th.
– Yesterday I received a 7″ album from Nardwuar – it’s a copy of the new record “A Wild Pear” featuring his band The Evaporators along with Andrew W.K.. They’ll be doing an official release party (free) on June 23rd at 4:00pm over at Neptoon Records following by a performance at the Biltmore that same evening.