We had a pretty adventurous winter with several feet of snow that would cascade down in buckets over several weeks – piling up, melting, then piling up again. Usually in Vancouver that’s a rarity and it’s even more far-fetched to believe it wasn’t over come March but here it is. This morning’s link fest is brought to you by Mr. Plow.
– Friday night was John’s work Christmas party. I had a great time meeting all of the wonderful people he works with including Benjamin from The Beat 94.5 who will have his own blog up and running soon with insights on the industry and the dating scene in Vancouver, from a guy’s perspective.
– Earlier that day I went by Kiss and Makeup in West Vancouver to get a dolled up a little for the event. The girls at Kiss and Makeup are so friendly and the talented Savannah helped me achieve my evening look.
– CaseCamp Vancouver is happening tomorrow. Meetup and find out what others have done in the online realm, hear their case studies, mix and mingle.
– There is a comedy event featuring some of the good folks I have the pleasure of working with for my weekly segments on Talk1410am. “The Big Afternoon Buzz Boys Comedy Show” will be at Yuk Yuk’s from 8:30pm this Wednesday.
– Can you believe it was already a year ago that we welcomed baby Jakob to the world? This auntie certainly can’t.
– Earth Run is coming to Vancouver.
– Ever felt the need to publicly apologize for something or even publicly demand an apology? The new site Oops… I’m Sorry gives you an entire online platform on which to do so.
And please remember, Vancouver, that in any vehicle you are not invincible in the snow and you cannot magically drive like normal (or even faster, ignoring signs) in the snow. Be careful out there today.