I have plenty of material to cover but I thought something completely nerdy might be a nice intro for this morning’s link fest…
– This morning I saw a tweet from Michelle about a trending topic on Twitter called #nerdpickuplines. If you’re a user of Twitter and want to track what everyone is saying about a particular topic (very handy for conferences I might add) then you can simply go to Search.Twitter.com and follow along with what the world is saying. This morning #nerdpickuplines (messages with that text included) were taking over Twitter, and I giggled uncontrollably for a good 20 minutes. Thanks internet!
– Surrey Memorial Hospital celebrated its 50th anniversary yesterday and they also have a new community website.
– I interviewed local band Mojave, who will be playing the Roxy next week, and have the article up on E!Online.
– My good friend Michelle Kim is teaching a course at SFU, Journalism, Beyond the Basics. It would definitely be worth taking as she not only knows her stuff and has worked for media outlets around the world, she is also having me in as a guest lecturer which means she’s a traditional media maven who knows the value of social media. The course starts February 17th and you can register online.
– If you live in the West End, the group of residents at the Seafield Apartments would like your input.
– Chris LeMay is holding the Decor-Hell photo contest — snap a shot of your decor disaster (or someone else’s) and you could win $300 from HomeSense.
– 24Hours has a video series and their latest, Art of Living, is truly inspiring.
– The good folks at Giant Ant Media have produced several videos (see one below) for Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sports (VASS) which is hosting the Challenge Cup up on Grouse February 26th. “Your team of 3 skiers/boarders will be matched with 1 athlete with a disability for a fun race and banquet lunch on beautiful Grouse Mountain. Support your community with a disability to enjoy the joy and thrills of skiing and snowboarding. All proceeds will go towards Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sportsâ€”making the mountain accessible to all.”
– Have you made your way to Qoola Fruit + Yogurt yet and told them “Miss604 sent me” to get your free blueberry topping?
And tickets for Vancouver’s Twestival event went on sale yesterday and within hours it was almost sold out. I’ve released 50 more tickets so hopefully all those on Twitter in Vancouver would be inclined to join us for an evening of food, drinks, mingling, and heaps of prizes to be won. All proceeds from ticket sales and prize draws go directly to Charity:Water.