Pop open day one of your chocolate countdown calendars, it’s December! To celebrate, here’s a hearty Miss604 link fest.
– The Best of 604 is still open for nominations until Wednesday, December 3rd. On Thursday I’ll flip over to voting, including all nominees on the ballot. I won’t have a current total view on the voting pages so you’ll have to show up to the awards reception to find out who wins. You’ll need to RSVP for the reception and admission is by monetary donation to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
– Today is Cyber Monday [News1130]
– It’s also World AIDS Day [PressDisplay].
– Local micro-brew, Dead Frog Brewery, is being sued by Sleemans over its clear bottle design. [CBC]
– This Friday is CBC Radio One Foodbank Day. [CBC]
– Vancouver’s own blogging Operagal also makes lovely cards and jewelry and will be donating 20% of her sales this month to the Food Bank. [LunAria Design Studios]
– Episode #69 of The Crazy Canucks podcast is now online. [TCC]
– Translink is installing GPS tracking devices to keep on top of bus locations. [Surrey Leader]
– If you’re short on cash this Christmas consider giving back by volunteering. [News1130]
– Scout Magazine features Miss604.
– Wednesday morning is the Christmas Wish Breakfast at the Pan Pacific Hotel. Stop by from 6:00am until 9:00am with an unwrapped toy to donate to charity and you’ll be invited to have a bite of breakfast.
– The anonymous photo project. [BeyondRobson]
– David Drucker has a post about the Creative Room and Vancouver Special gingerbread houses, including some photos of the creations. [LoudMurmurs]
– In tonight’s sky around sunset you will be able to spot Venus and Jupiter near the crescent moon. I heard about this on Global TV so I don’t have a site to credit… although in Vancouver we may not be able to see anything anyway given the pea soup-like conditions we’re having.
Since whether is always such a hot topic, and it is only 24 days away…