Hottest Ice Girls in the NHL

Almost two years ago I wrote a silly post on Metroblogging about becoming a Canucks Ice Girl. This afternoon John sent me a link to a website, courtesy of his co-worker Cody, that lists off the “hottest” ice girls in the NHL.

I kind of like the fact that Vancouver’s ice team is more utilitarian – they don’t do little dances and have pompoms (although the Vancouver Giants had a team like that the last time I was there). They simply skate out now and then to scoop up snow from the ice while their bountiful locks breeze behind them before they do their toe-pick stops in Lululemon-style pants.

According to the website running the contest, the Chicago Blackhawks Ice Crew (photo above) was crowned the hottest in the league. I admit, those socks are kinda cute.

Oh well, there’s always next year Vancouver – although I’d rather win a Cup than win because of our C-cups.

1. GreggWednesday, October 22nd, 2008 — 1:56pm PDT

Wow, does anyone else feel that the brunettes in that picture are just token ones? Or maybe the hair stylist didn’t have time to finish all the dye jobs before the photo shoot?

2. Urban DwellerWednesday, October 22nd, 2008 — 3:40pm PDT

Oh wow, yeah I’d give it to the Blackhawks ice girls. I would rather have a Stanley cup anyways 😉 Thank you for introducing this wonderful site to us.

3. BethWednesday, October 22nd, 2008 — 6:16pm PDT

I brought some friends from Ottawa to a Canucks game and they couldn’t believe how sexualized our “ice girls” were (i.e., the super tight clothing), as the “ice girls” in Ottawa wear baggy track suits (or they did at the time at least). I’ll have to show them this postings so they can see what the Chicago ice girls wear!

4. GZ ExpatWednesday, October 22nd, 2008 — 6:33pm PDT

If those socks had the garters attached, liked a REAL hockey player, then, yeah, they would be HOT!

Clearly you can see the differences between American and Canada in those two pictures…and when it comes to cheerleaders…I Love America!

5. McgarnickleWednesday, October 22nd, 2008 — 10:45pm PDT

This is exactly why hockey is the greatest sport in the world. I wonder if young girls dream of some day being an “ice girl.”

6. RobThursday, October 23rd, 2008 — 3:36pm PDT

With respect to them, they look like decorative matchsticks in that last photo.

7. TCC#67 – We are all number sevens / The Crazy CanucksThursday, October 30th, 2008 — 12:27am PDT

[…] The hottest ice girls in the NHL (miss604.com) […]

8. Thomas LThursday, November 6th, 2008 — 9:39pm PST

You are missing the hottest Ice Girls around. I mean this is LA

9. vancouver limousineSunday, November 23rd, 2008 — 9:08am PST

thumbs up for the Blackhawks girls.

10. kavanagh vancouver limousineFriday, March 27th, 2009 — 12:00am PDT

Canadian girls are hotter any day! especially vancouver ones, regardless of attitude =)

11. Ultimate Sports InsiderMonday, March 30th, 2009 — 8:23pm PDT

Wow. All of a sudden I feel myself rooting for Chicago!!