There’s some time this morning for one of my link fests so here we go – all the way from the Show Me State.
– I expressed concerns earlier this week about BC Place being ready for the Olympics in 2010 however this is far down on the list when you think about all of those without homes in this town.
– Speaking of the Olympics, officials in Beijing have confirmed that the little girl’s performance at the opening ceremonies were lip-synced [CBC]. However, it was also revealed a few months ago that Pavarotti himself did the same in Torino [CBC].
– Paul has expressed some concerns over SkyTrain safety [Paul Hillsdon]. On a related note, Paul along with Karen, will be involved with Vancouver Transport HeroCamp next month [Facebook Event].
– Local music store legend, A&B Sound, is closing the doors on its Vancouver stores [CKNW]. A&B is known for its legendary Boxing Day sales and for me, in-store appearances by some of my favourite bands in the ’90s. The Whalley store shut down a few years ago and I have yet to find the same charm and enthusiasm for music (especially local music) over at the Best Buy or Future Shop.
– And not to worry, as Surrey is trying to save its beavers.
Just a reminder, VinoCamp is this Saturday – sign up using this super special Miss604 referral link, and Vancouver’s most unique film festival starts tomorrow. I’ll have a special announcement involving some movie screening passes upon my return.