I managed to stay away from my blog all weekend, which is funny since I was away last weekend but still had timed posts published in my absence. I guess this is what happens when it’s actually sunny in Vancouver and you spend time out in Surrey with your family.
Regardless, here’s your Monday morning dose of news, happenings, and things I would like to share.
– Tomorrow is Third Tuesday at The Network Hub, Joe Solomon will be speaking about “Social Media for Change” and I’ll be liveblogging as the media sponsor and also offering up a prize. Stop by and drop off your card to enter or leave a comment on the liveblog to win.
– Speaking of a Meetup.com event, Commoncraft recently made a client video for Meetup, check it out.
– I am the new wrangler of event listings over on Techvibes where every Sunday evening you can get your roundup of tech events in Vancouver for the coming week. I’m like those chicks on TV that cruise around town for the station in an SUV covered in ads… only with fewer hand gestures.
– Quick reminder that Canada Day Celebrations are taking place in Cloverdale featuring concerts and bouncy castles galore. There also will be an event downtown on July 1st a well at Canada Place, even with fireworks, but no Bob Rock.
– I will not be able to attend BlogHer in San Francisco this summer and as they do not offer refunds I’m willing to sell mine off (at $300 instead of $348) or work something out at a lower price in exchange for guest blog posts on Miss604.com (ie. $200 + a guest post or lower for more) WetCoastWomen was kind enough to put the word out for me as well.
– Finally, I’m not getting rid of my first gen iPhone any time soon.
More info to come throughout the week about a few more events but those will be getting their very own post.