I honestly can’t remember the last time I went more than two days without being “connected”. Even when I’ve talked about unplugging from the Matrix we still manage to find wifi at a hotel, in the condo’s common room, or at a highway rest stop. With nothing but giant Cedars, cascading raindrops and paper thin skipping stones surrounding me up at the lake since Thursday, my inbox and feeds are telling me this morning warrants a link fest.
– I decided to post this video by Duane instead of the one where I fail chopping wood.
– Tuesday June 10th is Nat and Drew’s Free Rice Day. At 11:00am PT people are encouraged to log on to www.freerice.com. “Take four minutes, play a word game, and help feed the hungry. The more words you get right â€“ the more grains of rice are donated by corporate sponsors to the United Nations World Food Program.”
– Want to follow all the Euro action? Jeffrey’s got a Vancouver TV guide to the game schedule over on Metblogs.
– CoverItLive has added a new “branding” feature for its live blogs, as well as an iPhone viewer and intelligent live picture posting. I’ll have to give it another shot with these fancy new tools in place, who knows, after writing a third one maybe I’ll finally make their “recent reviews” section.
– Weblog Tools Collection is hosting a WordPress Plugin Competition. Prizes have recently been announced but you can still throw something in the ring to give the winner once determined.
Seeing as how I made us all lanyards for camping this weekend, it’s only fitting that I end with The Nerd Handbook which includes tips like, “Understand your nerdâ€™s relation to the computer,” “Your nerd loves toys and puzzles,” Your nerd has an amazing appetite for information,” “Your nerd has built an annoyingly efficient relevancy engine in his head,” “Your nerd might come off as not liking people,” and “Your nerd is f**king funny.”