WordPress Screencast Tutorial: Photo Captions

My company, sixty4media offers custom WordPress designs, installations, development and tutorials… read more here.

The latest in my WordPress Screencast series is a quick look into how I get captions under my photos in order to give proper attribution. This is basically just the “behind the scenes” setup of the plugins. Once this is setup it’s as easy as clicking the quicktag for the alignment you want then filling in the “NAME” slots with the proper attribution.

If you have having trouble viewing the embedded video, head over to my Viddler profile to try and watch from there.

Tools used in the video: AddQuicktags Plugin, WordPress, CSSEdit. View my previous screencast about how to move around your Categories box in your Dashboard for editing a post or browse my entire WordPress category.

1. buzz bishopSaturday, May 24th, 2008 — 1:01pm PDT

thanks for this

2. ZakSunday, May 25th, 2008 — 9:26am PDT

Unfortunatelly this one is not correctly rendered on iPhone. Since Im interested on this topic, Il switch to my PC to view it. Regards.

3. phaedraSunday, May 25th, 2008 — 1:34pm PDT

how can I do this on the blogspot platform? I’d like to credit people’s pictures, but I’m not sure how to go about it.

4. MoseySunday, May 25th, 2008 — 5:12pm PDT

I recently found out about a plugin that essentially ‘automates’ the process of captioning photos that I have found really useful for my own sites. It’s called “Image Caption” and can be found at Channel-ai.com (http://www.channel-ai.com/blog/plugins/image-caption/) The good news is that it is actively maintained, and is really just plug-and-play! πŸ™‚
    Hope some users will find it useful as well! ^^

5. ZakSunday, May 25th, 2008 — 11:08pm PDT

The video Tutorial is making Firefox and IE crashing (I’m using Windows XP πŸ™ ) I will never see it !

6. Wordpress Screencasts With Miss604 | BloggingNotes.netMonday, May 26th, 2008 — 10:30am PDT

[…] While she doesn’t blog specifically about blogging, Vancouver blogger Miss 604 has put out a few screencasts showing how it’s possible to make modifications to your WordPress admin interface […]

7. RaulMonday, May 26th, 2008 — 11:29am PDT

Since I use the hosted version of WordPress.com I don’t think I can use this. But as usual with your screencasts, THIS IS VERY USEFUL πŸ™‚

8. TodMonday, May 26th, 2008 — 12:28pm PDT

Two for two!
    Thanks R!

I’ve always wanted to do this!

9. john bollwitt blog » Blog Archive » Using CSS to attribute photos in your blog postsTuesday, May 27th, 2008 — 10:34pm PDT

[…] recently made a post about using the AddQuickTags plugin for WordPress to display captions on photos in her blog posts, I would elaborate on the CSS styling it takes to get this. The WordPress plugin […]

10. Screencasting Up a Storm » Vancouver Blog Miss 604Thursday, June 19th, 2008 — 11:53am PDT

[…] As a refresher, I wrote a post last summer about Screencasting Tools and I’ve done a few WordPress tutorials using […]

11. picturesThursday, July 10th, 2008 — 2:59pm PDT

How can I install the Plugin under WordPress 2.5

12. Give LDS GiftsSaturday, November 22nd, 2008 — 9:16pm PST

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have installed AddQuickTags, customized my CSS (for centered, left and right align) and tested it. It works great! This is going to make my life SO much easier!

13. Problems with Images! – Page 2 – DIY Themes ForumsSaturday, November 22nd, 2008 — 9:40pm PST

[…] tags for centering an image & it’s caption (as well as left align and right align). Learn how here. 3. Customized my custom CSS file. Get code here. 4. Choose the Advanced "Import the current […]

14. Tips PhotoWednesday, February 18th, 2009 — 3:24pm PST

Thanks for this post.

15. canadaMonday, March 2nd, 2009 — 9:00am PST

Wow thanks for the cool screenshots!

16. SkipagThursday, December 24th, 2009 — 8:27am PST