With seven events in three days I think my head did almost fall off last night. I came home and enjoyed a quite night in with John as I knew I would once again be out and about today. There are quite a few bits and pieces of news stories and fun facts that I would like to share so what better way to do so than in my link fest.
– When I first started doing my “What the Surrey” series I had a little trivia game involved the old heritage names for roads in the city (like how Hjorth Road is 104th). Last week the Surrey Leader interviewed a man who has a website dedicated to historical morsels like this and it turns out he’s the one I got some additional information from last year during my WTS research. Small world.
– News1130 suggests having a staycation – a term which I first heard during an episode of Corner Gas where Brent just sits in a lawn chair out in the field thus staying in town but still being away from work and on vacation. John and I thoroughly enjoy our staycations, which usually involve much beach time. If you need any staycation ideas check out my beach times, community, cheap fun, or parks series categories.
– Speaking of neat new technology toys, John Biehler has done a quick review of the Wii Fit at first glance.
– On Sunday May 25th celebrate Salmonberry Days at the Dunbar Community Centre’s Annual Community Fair. I hear there’s even going to be a bouncy castle.
– Also this weekend if you’re still watching hockey, the Pens and Wings face off in Stanley Cup final action on Saturday @ 8:00pm ET
Finally, Raul captured some great shots from the VIDFEST opening gala at the Vancouver Art Gallery on Wednesday night.
Today’s VIDFEST line up includes Chris Anderson from Wired and super mommy blogger Heather Armstrong of Dooce speaking this afternoon. I’ll try to head over there at some point but I just happen to have a special double date tonight involving a good friend, her mother, my mother, and super fun disconnection time for me.