Club Seats for Seattle Mariners Tonight

Friday, April 11th, 2008 — 7:59am PST

Vancouver Canadians Home OpenerI think it was Boston that first managed to turn my disgust for baseball into a tolerance, however it wasn’t until I met John and his passion for the Cubs that I started to appreciate the game.

Sitting out at Nat Bailey Stadium with Queen Elizabeth Park as the luscious green backdrop on a sunny afternoon, eating and hot dog and having a beer overlooking the city and cheering for the home team has now become a staple of the Bollwitt summer experience.

I happened to get my hands on some Mariners tickets for this evening but despite the fact that we don’t have car and we’re saving up for our trip to Osoyoos in just a few weekends, things just aren’t going to work out for us. So here’s where my faithful readers come in:

– Do you want to go to Seattle tonight @ 7:10pm?
– Are you able to go to Seattle tonight?
– You want to see the Mariners play?
– Would you like two “Terrace Club” seats?

If you answered “yes” to all of these questions leave a comment below and include ONE line (any line) from Take Me Out to the Ballgame…. well except that line – any other line in the song. The first person to successfully do so will have the tickets. No draw, no wait, you want ’em – you got ’em.

Update: Christina would be the winner of the tickets but she’s unable to pick them up – yes, they’re actual hard copies, sorry folks! The contest is still on…

• Enter here to win tickets to A Charlie Brown Holiday Double Bill (until Nov 19)
  • Enter here to win a Date Night to Akram Khanโ€™s Chotto Desh plus $50 for dinner at Silk Vancouver (until Nov 18)
  • Enter here to win a $100 gift card for Potters Christmas Store (until Nov 23)
  • Enter here to win tickets to see Ed the Sock's War on Stupid tour (until Nov 22)
  • Enter here to win tickets to see the Barra MacNeils in North Van (until Nov 17)
  • Enter here to win a $50 Indigo gift card (until Nov 17)
  • View a complete list of contests »

1. Tyler Ingram says:

I can’t go to seatle but I would like to see SafeCo Field one day! My dad used to take me and my brother to the games quite a lot in Seattle (joins of being a sponsor).

Though I don’t know if I’ll ever goto Nat Bailey again, why? Every time(yes every time) I have gone to that stadium I get sick and throw up. True story! I’ve been 4 times and its the same each time. lol the weird things I tell people ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Canadian’s aren’t a farm team anymore for the Whitesox are they?

2. Raul says:

I, unfortunately, can’t answer YES to Question # 2, due to the fact that the US requires a visa to enter the country ๐Ÿ™‚ But other than that, I would have! ๐Ÿ˜€

@Tyler – the Canadians are associated with the Oakland A’s
    @Raul – ain’t the immigration process fun? John couldn’t visit his ‘home country’ for two years!

4. Tyler Ingram says:

Rebecca ah cool. Was there a point recently when they didnt have their AAA status?

5. Raul says:

Yeah — not thrilled about immigration processes… URGH! Wish we were just one big North American Union (like the European Union), in that regard only though!

6. Christina says:

“Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks”
    I heart the Mariners…..

7. fotoeins says:

I’m glad you got turned onto baseball, and in particular, to attending games at Nat Bailey. I’m not often through home in the summer, but that might change this coming August; we’ll see.

Ah, the cavernous Kingdome, how we miss you (not), even though we could hear our own echo if we yelled loud enough from the 3rd-base side … I’ve still yet to catch a game at Safeco.Field, however.

8. GZ Expat says:

If you throw in RT airfare from GZ to SEA…I’m in.

Errr…never mind.

Go Cubs!

9. Gregg says:

Saw you twit this and almost took you up on it… but that left the choice of paying for a hotel room in Seattle or having a very long drive home.

Oh well.

But just for fun, here the whole first verse (yeah, I know it’s more than one line)

Katie Casey was base ball mad.
    Had the fever and had it bad;
    Just to root for the home town crew,
    Ev’ry sou Katie blew.
    On a Saturday, he young beau
    Called to see if she’d like to go,
    To see a show but Miss Kate said,
    “No, I’ll tell you what you can do.”

10. Dave says:

“buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don’t care if I ever get back, so just root, root, root for the home team…”

I WIN I WIN I WIN… wait… um, I won’t be able to fly all the way to Seattle (from Toronto) for tonight’s game… ๐Ÿ™

oh, and um, today’s Saturday… the game was last night…

RickRoll Flash Mob in London Today