– I’m having a contest!
– TransitCamp is getting some nice press [Vancouver Courrier]
– Our favourite word from last year, “turbidity”, is making a reappearance [News1130]
– It’s finally here, “Blogs in Plain English“.
– There will be a tree lighting ceremony in front of the Art Gallery tonight. This is in case you missed the lighting of St. Paul’s and the lighting of the tree in English Bay.
– School closures on this rainy post-snowy Monday morning [CKNW]
– RIP Urban Peasant [News1130]
– One question that I was asked when I was a guest lecturer for Michelle’s journalism course at SFU was about blogging vs/with/and mainstream media:
“do you know anyone whose made the jump from blogging into mainstream media?”
I was pretty stumped since usually it goes the other way around or the two work in unison. That was until the blogfather, Mr. Tony Pierce announced that he’ll now be overseeing the LA Times blogs. This… is pretty freakin huge news. Congrats man! I can’t think of anyone more deserving of such a great leap. You are now my “prime example” of bloggers busting into msm. It is possible.
– Finally, Twitter is mentioned in CSI and I get giddy for some reason.
I hope everyone gets to work safely today, and if you can’t… just stay home and be on flood-alert. I’ll be breaking out a kayak to head to work.