WTS- What the Surrey?

This is my first attempt at a Miss604.com contest but it should be a good one. Starting today, and continuing every Tuesday, I will be posting something to do with Surrey and it will be up to the readers to guess what the heck it is.

What: A photo of any public place, landmark, intersection (a la Beyond Robson crossroads), or object that is specifically Surrey, BC related or located in the City of Surrey, BC.

When: A contributor of Miss604.com will make a post every Tuesday featuring a Surrey-related photo as described above.

Who: Anyone can guess except for contributors of this blog, and my immediate family members (because that would just be too easy) but they can continue to comment at will *cough* Bradley *cough*.

How: Enter your guess in the comment section of the post displaying the Surrey-related photo.

wts-1.jpg

Submitting: If you have a photo you would like to submit please send a link to it via the Contact Form. If you have a website be sure to include it in the email so I can link back if possible and give credit for the pic. Photos must be relating to Surrey, BC (as described above) and must be rated “G”. Depending on the photo/clue, hints may be given to help the readers out but that will be determined on a per-post basis.

Sponsoring: To make things a little more interesting I’d love to be able to give away prizes (e.g. gift certificates) to the first correct guess on each ‘What The Surrey’ photo. If you have a business in Surrey, BC or are the person in charge of marketing and giving away free stuff for an establishment in Surrey, send me an email via the Contact Form.

A winner will not be declared until all comments are moderated – to ensure that in fact the first correct comment is logged and published accordingly. Also, even though something may be guessed, feedback is always welcome so feel free to add your two cents about the subject photo and enlighten us all.

Now to start things off on What The Surrey, an easy one: Do you know what the “W” stands for on the hat pictured above?

Current Contests on Miss604
*All contests are open to residents of Canada only, unless otherwise stated. Contest timelines are published on each individual post along with entry methods. Some contests may only be open to those 19 years of age and older. Winners are announced on the contest blog posts. Contest policy »

1. JennyTuesday, April 24th, 2007 — 1:19pm PST

I do ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m not allowed to guess though ๐Ÿ™

2. Miss604Tuesday, April 24th, 2007 — 1:20pm PST

Given that it belongs to your son and you’re a contributor…. no ๐Ÿ˜›

3. RodTuesday, April 24th, 2007 — 1:28pm PST

Whalley. Heh, I actually added this guess to the post about the podcast update. D’oh!

4. JennyTuesday, April 24th, 2007 — 1:36pm PST

Rod , I think you need to specify what exactly about whalley the pic refers too

5. RodTuesday, April 24th, 2007 — 1:38pm PST

Hmmm…okay, Whalley Little League.

6. daveoTuesday, April 24th, 2007 — 5:05pm PST

Tis the chapeau of the remarkably dominant Whalley Little League. Little known factoid, … my podcast cohort played for Kennedy Surrey LL All-stars when they beat the powerhouse Whalley squad (circa 1983?) and Bread the Producer was a Whalley LL AS to boot. Yup, i am connected.

7. Miss604Tuesday, April 24th, 2007 — 6:06pm PST

Yes it was very easy, hopefully we’ll come up with some goodies for the next round – either way, nicely done Rod.

DaveO, you are the local hockey AND baseball master ๐Ÿ˜›

8. RodWednesday, April 25th, 2007 — 12:07pm PST

Thank you muchly. ๐Ÿ™‚ And rather impressive knowledge there, Dave.

9. AdelaideWednesday, April 25th, 2007 — 1:38pm PST

Darnit, I knew it was Whalley! I’m too late!!! Grr.

Used to sell Pepsi along 108th….yeah…sooooooo nice ๐Ÿ˜‰

10. Miss604Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 — 6:23pm PST

Our neighbourhood store was on 108 and I used to bike ride along there all the time (across King George and back) Good times.

11. J.J.Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 — 6:23pm PST

I thought it was Adam Loewen’s old Little League cap.

12. Mom604Thursday, April 26th, 2007 — 8:03am PST

Across the King George? I don’t recall that. You got some ‘splainin’ to do, missy!

13. Miss604Thursday, April 26th, 2007 — 8:16am PST

When I was like 18 ‘ma – on my BMX ๐Ÿ˜›

14. Miss604’s Canuck Life :: A Vancouver Blog » Blog Archive » Site News and Crackbook UpdateMonday, April 30th, 2007 — 8:40am PST

[…] by the hockey game, it also gave me a chance to prep something for tomorrow’s WTS – “What the Surrey” post. If you missed it last week, this is a new weekly feature on Miss604.com filled with […]

15. Miss604’s Canuck Life :: A Vancouver Blog » Blog Archive » WTS- What the Surrey? #2Tuesday, May 1st, 2007 — 8:31am PST

[…] In case you missed it last week, I’m trying something a little different here for the blog. Every Tuesday we’re going to have a What the Surrey trivia contest. For now, it’s just for fun but hopefully we can up the stakes going forward. Why: For those that are unfamiliar with the City, Surrey is a suburb of Vancouver, BC and has a pretty crummy reputation. My goal is to continue the positive representation of my hometown, introduce readers to the City and to generate a little buzz by doing a weekly feature such as this. [Miss604] […]

16. Miss604’s Canuck Life :: A Vancouver Blog » Blog Archive » WTS- What the Surrey? #3Tuesday, May 8th, 2007 — 6:30am PST

[…] you’re just tuning in, find out more about WTS in this post. I have to thank everyone for their guesses, and feedback, including those that have sent along […]