That's where I'm a Viking

I lost my dreams a while back, I didn’t have dreams anymore. Yeah, that sounds pretty melodramatic and sad but I just never remembered them, if they did occur. In the last week, they’ve come back more vibrant than ever.

lazysaturday.jpgEarlier this week I had a dream that was in movie format, complete with time lapses. At the bottom of the “screen” it would say ‘5 months later’ and then the new scene would start.

The other night my friend Misty and I drove to Vegas, which doesn’t make too much sense but it’s at least better than that freaky McDonald’s commercial where the dude is supposed to be dreaming about riding a burro with a cop holding an Egg McMuffin. Neither of us have a car and haven’t traveled anywhere together in about 10 years. I actually haven’t seen her in a couple years although we just recently wished each other a Happy Birthday in early January.

Last night I dreamed that I could sing and had an album out. Now um, I really can’t sing and the only time I used to was around the campfire when I used to go to Roberts Creek for a week every summer when I was 10. It could have to do with viewing the Flickr pics a couple of my contacts [1][2] have posted over the last couple weeks, of Matt Good in the studio [TheCooperation]. But why I would apply that to myself having that sorta talent is beyond me.

I have more work to do this weekend, being on call really sucks. Another part of my dream last night was getting an email saying I had a new job, that someone else wanted to hire me. So not only was I a singing sensation with a record deal, I had a new job. I didn’t really want to wake up this morning.

The bed was warm and snuggly and my dreams were pretty comforting. About 5 minutes after I did decide to leave the mass of blankets with my pillow-face I got a call from the Toronto office and here I am at the computer, working.

I don’t need to go to Vegas, I don’t need to be a star, I don’t need a majestic movie-like life. The part about the job offer would be really fantastic though – then I wouldn’t be sitting here. I’d still be back in bed, content and focusing on other, more realistic aspirations.

Current Contests on Miss604
*All contests are open to residents of Canada only, unless otherwise stated. Contest timelines are published on each individual post along with entry methods. Some contests may only be open to those 19 years of age and older. Winners are announced on the contest blog posts. Contest policy »

1. BradleySunday, February 4th, 2007 — 2:18pm PST

you’re sooooooo emo

2. Miss604Sunday, February 4th, 2007 — 2:59pm PST

emophillips.jpg

3. JennySunday, February 4th, 2007 — 7:48pm PST

You shouldn’t reveal your dreams. People can tell a lot about you from them. 🙂

4. Miss604Sunday, February 4th, 2007 — 7:58pm PST

You ain’t the boss of me.

5. zonaMonday, February 5th, 2007 — 3:04pm PST

dudette, EVERYBODY needs to go to Vegas

6. Miss604Monday, February 5th, 2007 — 3:17pm PST

I’ve been, just not in AGES… maybe I’m watching too much CSI

7. ZanstormTuesday, February 6th, 2007 — 1:33am PST

I don’t dream at all anymore. It’s mostly because I go to bed late and get up early, so I’m always in a deep sleep.
    When I used to dream, it was too negative. I used to have a recurring dream that I was stuck in a trench with the same friend and that the enemy..usually Germans…were coming through the trees on all sides. Then I’d wake up at the same point every time, right before seeing them. What does that say about me? ….
    That I have watched Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, and Band of Brothers ONE TOO MANY TIMES!! 🙂
    If I could dream of anything now, it would be nice to dream about flying….or playing in goal for the Nucks. You know..something positive!

8. JennyTuesday, February 6th, 2007 — 6:50am PST

Well Freud said ‘Dreams are the fulfilment of wish’ , the ‘disguised fulfilment of wish’ , the ‘disguised fulfilment of a repressed wish’ and the ‘disguised fulfilment of a repressed,infantile wish’. If you really think about it and think about your dreams, it’s very interesting.

9. zanstormTuesday, February 6th, 2007 — 9:05am PST

Nah, I don’t read that much into them. They seem like flashing moments of something you saw, heard, or thought about in recent past that your brain conjures a story about, blending them together or warping them entirely.
    Now daydreams however, are a different story. Those are generally controlled and seem to match your description better, Jenny. Just my opinion.

10. Miss604Tuesday, February 6th, 2007 — 9:11am PST